Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating.
Tongue 
Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating.
Hello!

I do not have any experience in debating with religious folks, I think that I will get some good arguments and facts in forums like this one,
My philosophy of life is still under heavy constriction,and I do not have a lot of people to debate my views with them, I hope that people here will take the time so that we could go through my ideas and help me sort things out that are plausible and things that are just part of the imagination.

Thanks for reading,and excuse my English.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

-Douglas Adams
RE: Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating.
I find it easier to ignore than debate, especially if you don't have anyone to worry about right now. It can be a vicious pointless cycle debating most religious folk. I've tried it in hopes that listening to logic might convert them, but they are usually thinking the same about me, lol. No win, but a lot of frustration.
RE: Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating.
Welcome, welcome!!
Don't debate... just destroy their arguments, because they are fallacious. Always.
(May 21, 2014 at 5:57 pm)MountainsWinAgain Wrote: Hello!

I do not have any experience in debating with religious folks, I think that I will get some good arguments and facts in forums like this one,
My philosophy of life is still under heavy constriction,and I do not have a lot of people to debate my views with them, I hope that people here will take the time so that we could go through my ideas and help me sort things out that are plausible and things that are just part of the imagination.

Thanks for reading,and excuse my English.

Welcome.

You should pick up some good debating skills here, from well reasoned arguments to the old fashioned "go fuck yourself".

Excellent avatar!
Dying to live, living to die.
Great to have you. Your English is fine!

Lurk and participate for a while and you'll learn plenty of arguments to throw at your religious friends!
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
Welcome mountain padwan
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Hello there.

I don't mean to make fun of your English - because it is doubtlessly better than I would do in your native tongue - but this....

Quote:My philosophy of life is still under heavy constriction

came out really funny.

* construction
Are you a fan of Blues Traveler, by any chance? The Mountains Win Again is one of my favorite songs.
(May 21, 2014 at 5:57 pm)MountainsWinAgain Wrote: My philosophy of life is still under heavy constriction,
But I thought you weren't religious. *rimshot*

Google translates your religious views as "Zombie Church of the Blessed ringtone." I'm starting to like you.

Welcome to the forums.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

@Elskidor:
Its good to know such skills like for instance if you know aikido you won't go into random fights,but if someone will start to annoy you or impose on your will,then you can smack him and he will leave you alone.

@Tonus:
Yes I'm a big fan of Blues Traveller ( I have heard of them on American Dad!).Mine to Mountains win again and All things are possible are my two most favourite songs from them. I'm also an big Phan of Phish <3 and other jam bands.Hmm well I'm those kind of people that need some deepish view on life. I'm interested in Epicureanism,Alan Watts and Terence Mckenna philosophies and I came across a thing called Spiritual Atheism sure it has a cheesy name but their ideas really interests me.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

-Douglas Adams
"I never went to school... AND LOOK AT ME!"
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello! Just need to commune with some fellow atheists in a religious world. Rosie_Rivets 11 1960 November 11, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Looking for like-minded people, I found this forum! LivingForever 33 4006 November 3, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  looking for an intilectual sparing partner Soldat Du Christ 74 7681 October 24, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  hallo friends! isingthereforeiam 18 2640 May 2, 2016 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Joods
  Another man looking for truth Dayron 41 6216 August 18, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
Tongue Looking for a place to belong pocket god 18 3050 May 26, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Raised as a Christian - looking for discussion GriffinHunter 32 7028 March 19, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Hello all of my new logical thinking friends! lezbehonest 52 5981 August 11, 2014 at 11:09 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Hey everyone looking for a fresh start teslafie 3 1183 July 1, 2014 at 8:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Would love to talk with atheists Kipon 25 3227 May 15, 2014 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: Mystical