Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another man looking for truth
Another man looking for truth
I'm a young man from Poland, eastern Europe. There are a lot of reasons why I came here... well, I am sick and tired of people blinded by religious indoctrination. Religion has become one of the best type of manipulating humans over the thousands years. I hope this forum is gonna be a good community to discuss everything related to being and existence.

What are my religious beliefs?
As a child I was growing up in Catholic society. It seems like Catholicism is a part of Polish tradition. A lot of people in my country consider themselves as a firm Catholic believers, but I'm not sure if they really are. I know how it works. Indoctrination starts from parents and school. But when you realize that your parents are not the best role models, you start to be more open-minded. I admit it, I believed in all of that. Then I turned to Atheism when I was about 10 years old and I believed only in science.

Who am I now?
I consider myself as nobody, just a simple man looking for truth. You can call me agnostic, you can call me atheist or something else. 
I believe in nature, physical law and power of the human spirit. There's no gods, they're just some imaginary friends of religious zombies.
If there's something 'higher', it doesn't control the world. There's nothing like destiny. What is the destiny of a child raped and killed just after its birth?
Existence surely came from something. We are different. Some people are good, some people are bad. We are the creations of Mother Nature.
Nature is almighty and omnipresent as well. It's hard to understand the human mind, but at least at this point we should turn to science. 

Faith is ruinous, as well as its dearth.
RE: Another man looking for truth
Welcome.

Always good to encounter another ex-Catholic.
Dying to live, living to die.
Greetings.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Welcome Smile

Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. Enjoy the forum!
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Welcome Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Truth, hmmm... Stick around and have fun, and maybe you'll even come across the odd piece of truth Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Welcome!
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
Welcome!

On a backpacking trip when I was in college and ended a summer tour in the Mediterranean, I visited southern Poland.

After Prague and Brno in the Czech Republic, I went to Katowice and Krakow before going south through Slovakia to Budapest and Bratislava and finally Vienna. It was an amazing time that I remember fondly. I nearly died thrice.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome, enjoy your stay here.

Welcome
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fundamental Independent Evangelical Bullshit, Suicide, and the Awakening of Truth DemonicBabyEater 16 1854 February 26, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Looking for like-minded people, I found this forum! LivingForever 33 3958 November 3, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  looking for an intilectual sparing partner Soldat Du Christ 74 7537 October 24, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Voice of Truth and Reason PiousPaladin 52 9990 June 27, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Tongue Looking for a place to belong pocket god 18 3046 May 26, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Raised as a Christian - looking for discussion GriffinHunter 32 7004 March 19, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Christian here to show the truth... (Again) Drich 48 10476 July 31, 2014 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  A Christian here to show the truth beentheredonethat 42 8986 July 15, 2014 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hey everyone looking for a fresh start teslafie 3 1180 July 1, 2014 at 8:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Tongue Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating. MountainsWinAgain 16 3192 May 22, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon