Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hallo friends!
hallo friends!
Hello fellow godless heathens and sinners/apostates!

My name is Jess, I'm 28 and from NYC. My mom attempted to make my brothers and I into Catholics and my dad is a very insincere Jew and basically I have no tolerance for religion or superstitious nonsense. I'm a teacher and I do my best to shield kids from religion and de-convert as many as I can as often as I can. Currently finishing a teaching certification in English/Secondary Education and plan to be that high school teacher that kids never forget. For fun, I sing, play the piano, and argue with fascists and fanatics on the Internet.

Hope everyone's having a nice day!
RE: hallo friends!
Hallo!
Welcome to the club!
Tea or coffee?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 1, 2016 at 4:26 pm)isingthereforeiam Wrote: I have no tolerance for religion or superstitious nonsense. I'm a teacher and I do my best to shield kids from religion and de-convert as many as I can as often as I can.

Just be careful to not ruin your own career over it. You have to eat after all.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(May 1, 2016 at 4:41 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Welcome to the club!
Tea or coffee?

Coffee, light and sweet, please!

(May 1, 2016 at 5:13 pm)abaris Wrote:
(May 1, 2016 at 4:26 pm)isingthereforeiam Wrote: I have no tolerance for religion or superstitious nonsense. I'm a teacher and I do my best to shield kids from religion and de-convert as many as I can as often as I can.

Just be careful to not ruin your own career over it. You have to eat after all.

it's a delicate line. i can't declare things outright but i can speak against such entrenched problems like sexism and oppression of children and women.

(May 1, 2016 at 4:40 pm)RozKek Wrote: Hallo!

hi there friend
Welcome I'm the resident forum turtle and you are very welcome here, enjoy your stay, may it be long-lasting and prosperous...ly epic. Big Grin
Greetings.
Nice to meet you fellow sinner! Thanks for telling us about yourself Smile

I hope you enjoy the forum. Feel free to ping me a message if you have any questions!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Fellow musician here.  Welcome! Welcome
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Welcome from sunny (but nighttime now) Portugal!

Here, have a treat!

A "travesseiro de Sintra":

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello all of my new logical thinking friends! lezbehonest 52 5982 August 11, 2014 at 11:09 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
Tongue Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating. MountainsWinAgain 16 3207 May 22, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Hello Dear Friends Cheerful Charlie 11 2708 August 6, 2013 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hello Friends HAL9000 24 2939 June 14, 2013 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Hallo Alparcero 18 3044 February 14, 2013 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Alparcero
  Oh, hallo Telcontar 19 3167 November 23, 2012 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Annik
  Hi all / Hallo allemaal Kousbroek 26 4876 November 13, 2012 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Kousbroek
  Black Female Athiest Looking for Atheist Friends! Chemelonique 25 7619 July 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Hello again, my old friends. Azazylix 12 3182 December 1, 2011 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman
  Looking for more online friends DanielSchaffiro 13 2946 June 2, 2011 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Napoléon