Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a place to belong
Tongue 
Looking for a place to belong
Hey Atheist Forums, my name's Danny. I'm a college student in the pacific northwest. I'm a medical marijuana patient. I like to play music and garden and go hiking.

I became an atheist a couple years ago, after nearly 20 years being a Christian. I enjoy discussing serious issues like religion and politics, but I usually have much more to learn than I have to contribute.

Anyway, I don't have a lot of friends IRL (I live in a small, predominantly religious community) and I hope I can end up making some here!
[Image: Spc9Ev.png]
RE: Looking for a place to belong
Welcome aboard, pocket god. Like the name! We have a thread around here somewhere, in which people are invited to explain the meaning of their usernames - it sounds as though yours has an interesting story attached.

You've certainly come to the right place to make friends; this is without a doubt the friendliest place on the net. Pull up a theist and have a seat!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome! I think this is the thread being referred to, if you want to have a look: http://atheistforums.org/thread-32997.ht...t=username

Have fun! I have family east of Seattle, and thought about going to Oregon Tech, in K. Falls. Nice scenery.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Welcome to the forum! Welcome
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Hello pocket god. Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
welcome matey...
I like it here also, it's a breathe of fresh air!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome
Fellow inhabitant of the Great Northwetwest.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Yo d00d
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Bienvenidos.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Thanks for the warm welcomes! 

(May 22, 2015 at 10:09 pm)c172 Wrote: Welcome! I think this is the thread being referred to, if you want to  have a look: http://atheistforums.org/thread-32997.ht...t=username

Have fun! I have family east of Seattle, and thought about going to Oregon Tech, in K. Falls. Nice scenery.

Your family lives east of Seattle, I live east of Seattle... ergo, brother? Tongue I do though - live east of Seattle, in the deserty part of the beautiful Evergreen State. 
[Image: Spc9Ev.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not quite sure if I belong, but, hello Rayden_Greywolf 21 2542 November 4, 2017 at 8:20 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Looking for like-minded people, I found this forum! LivingForever 33 4006 November 3, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  looking for an intilectual sparing partner Soldat Du Christ 74 7681 October 24, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Another man looking for truth Dayron 41 6216 August 18, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Need a place to confide Soloatheist 16 2847 July 5, 2015 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Raised as a Christian - looking for discussion GriffinHunter 32 7028 March 19, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Hey everyone looking for a fresh start teslafie 3 1183 July 1, 2014 at 8:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Tongue Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating. MountainsWinAgain 16 3204 May 22, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Greetings from a rather godless place Modler 19 3673 March 21, 2014 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Modler
  Hello, is it you i'm looking for? I can see it in your eyes... djkamilo 13 2568 January 4, 2014 at 4:52 am
Last Post: Aractus