Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Students Fucked By Reagan
Students Fucked By Reagan
A long sad story about how Reagan's bullshit has come back to destroy us.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/23...-banksters

Quote:More than 40 million Americans hold student loan debt, which is greater than the entire population of Canada, Poland, North Korea, Australia and more than 200 other countries.

And of those 40 million borrowers, around 7 million have defaulted on their debt.

The average debt for a 25-year-old American student has risen a staggering 91 percent over the past decade, and the average college debt per person is over $23,000.

An entire generation of Americans is completely screwed, and is unable to start a family, buy a house, and build the equity needed to retire down the road.

This is a morally criminal conspiracy that's been going on for the past 33 years, ever since Ronald Reagan came to Washington, and it's been a three-step process.
RE: Students Fucked By Reagan
For some reason, this instantly reminded me of the creepy Nixon-masked sex scene in "The Ice Storm"

[Image: is.jpg]
Gun owners were fucked by Reagan too.
And here, I thought the economy was in the crapper not because an entire generation of American workers has been methodically fucked by 30 years of Reaganomics, but because of Obamaphones and poor kids who can't afford to eat.
Quote:“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

--Ronald Reagan, in a speech at his 78th birthday celebration in Los Angeles on February 6, 1989.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
It's all Taft's fault.
Yup, not to mention how many innovator and scientists that are put off by the fact they do not want the debt. However, the libertarians and COP all hail him as a hero.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
Reagan would be thrown out of the republicunt party today.

http://prairieweather.typepad.com/big_bl...party.html

Quote:John Nichols measures Reagan's presidency according to the most recent litmus tests of the Republican party.

You know the one -- a ten point "test" for Republicans that includes things like no amnesty for illegal immigrants, the anti-gay Defense of Marriage Act, and lower deficits.

Nichols reports that Reagan would have flunked at least eight of the ten test sections. At least.

For that matter, the other "conservative" icon, Barry Goldwater, was no where near enough of a nazi for the republicunts, either.

Quote:"The religious factions will go on imposing their will on others,"
"I don't have any respect for the Religious Right."
"Every good Christian should line up and kick Jerry Falwell's ass."
"A woman has a right to an abortion."
”I’m completely opposed to selling automatic rifles. I don’t see any reason why they ever made semi-automatics. I’ve been a member of the NRA, I collect, make and shoot guns. I’ve never used an automatic or semiautomatic for hunting. There’s no need to. They have no place in anybody’s arsenal. If any S.O.B. can’t hit a deer with one shot, then he ought to quit shooting.”

But, of course...it really was never about shooting "deer" was it, Barry.
The problem with student debt is it is no longer dischargeable in bankruptcy.

I believe the movement toward making student debt non-dischargeable started under Carter(I could be wrong...it might have been Ford).

Doesn't matter though....big government program with all its unintended consequences turned generations of students into slaves. If there is one great example of why government needs to stay out of peoples lives...its this. Government just fucks things up.
Nice try, Woodie....looking to get your nazi icons off the hook, again. YOu taking lessons from Adolf?

Quote:Then, the Bankruptcy Amendments and Federal Judgeship Act of 1984 made it so all private student loans were excepted from discharge too.

That would be your man crush, Reagan, for your information.

Quote:Two decades of further tweaks to the bankruptcy code ensued until 2005, when Congress passed the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005, which made it so that no student loan — federal or private — could be discharged in bankruptcy unless the borrower can prove repaying the loan would cause “undue hardship,” a condition that is incredibly difficult to demonstrate unless the person has a severe disability. That essentially lumps student loan debt in with child support and criminal fines — other types of debt that can’t be discharged.

And 2005 would be your basic Texas Twat, Bush.

Whenever bankers need to fuck someone over they wait for a republicunt. Even you should know that by now.

http://business.time.com/2012/02/09/why-...ankruptcy/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oops. Fucked Up Again, Paul Minimalist 2 571 May 18, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Betsy DeVos protects for-profit colleges scamming students Cecelia 2 454 May 14, 2018 at 1:01 am
  Almost Makes Me Pine for Reagan's Astrologer Minimalist 6 902 November 28, 2017 at 12:01 pm
  What's up with Trump lovers comparing him to Reagan? NuclearEnergy 15 2992 April 11, 2017 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  BWAHAHA! - They Fucked It Up! Minimalist 52 6609 March 27, 2017 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Democracy is fucked up Zenith 31 8450 February 25, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  The Un-united Kingdom is fucked now Edwardo Piet 314 30260 July 4, 2016 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Nancy Reagan (Anne Robbins) DEAD at age 94 vorlon13 22 2157 March 6, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  A Reagan I Can Stand! Minimalist 14 1730 July 17, 2015 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Conservatives Go Nuts! Saint Reagan Denounced! Minimalist 7 1565 May 19, 2015 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Cato