Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:43 pm

Poll: You wake up in the hereafter. Initial reaction?
This poll is closed.
"WHAT THE FUCK? I'm alive? Sweet!!!!
63.64%
7 63.64%
"No...this is bullshit...no...NOOOOOOOO!"
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You wake up in the hereafter after you die.
You wake up in the hereafter after you die.
Your initial reaction?

A) "WHAT THE FUCK? I'm still alive? SWEEEEEEET!"

B) "No...this is bullshit...no...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
RE: You wake up in the hereafter after you die.
Would be nice to wake up alive (but dead??) but I think the chances are so low I don't waste my time worrying about it
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Get me out of this box! I said I didn't want to be burried, damn you!
I'd probably be pretty exited at first, that and confused.

(May 24, 2014 at 2:14 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: [quote='Elskidor' pid='675264' dateline='1400954901']
Get me out of this box! I said I didn't want to be burried, damn you!

Just be glad you didn't get cremated
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

It would probably be the happiest moment of your lives, you guys just won't admit it.
It wouldn't be too much of a shock because my view is that what happens after death is unknown. After all, nobody on either side of the argument has come back from being dead past the point of no return.

I still think it's highly unlikely, though, so I'm not going to live the rest of my life wondering which version of the afterlife might be true.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(May 24, 2014 at 3:07 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: .. so I'm not going to live the rest of my life wondering which version of the afterlife might be true.

Exactly. Of course the thought of how many virgins may be my allotment might cross my mind once or twice but that's it.
(May 24, 2014 at 2:48 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: It would probably be the happiest moment of your lives, you guys just won't admit it.

I don't know. Sometimes I think it might be like waking up from a dream within a dream, only to realize afterwards you are still dreaming. And it's like, "ah, what the fuck? Really?" Or like watching Inception.
I'd worry a little bit. Maybe a lot. It just all depends how the afterlife presented itself in that instant. Rattlesnakes, beehives and Ritchie Valens on the PA? I'd be horrified. Soccer stadium, all you can eat pizza and sushi with cocktails, and Stars of the Lid on the PA? I'm liking things so far, but I would likely ask "Why? Why all this good stuff? Is there a surprise ahead? Like, Alex Morgan comes to my bleacher seat and punches me in the face repeatedly?"
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1652 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1454 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Where do we go when we die and are you afraid? Shazzalovesnovels 271 21644 August 6, 2020 at 8:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Backlash after celebrities sing "Imagine" GGG 21 1982 June 22, 2020 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Christian missionary becomes atheist after trying to convert tribe EgoDeath 40 4777 November 19, 2019 at 2:07 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Explaining What Happens After Death ArtVandelay 36 6688 April 1, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  After An Atheist Dies Der/die AtheistIn 85 27899 July 31, 2017 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Dropship
  Observation after embracing atheism for a year thool 18 3003 July 16, 2016 at 12:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happiness level after embracing atheism thool 116 9788 February 13, 2016 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Wish this nutjob would hurry up and die. Spooky 30 5962 August 11, 2015 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Iroscato