Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not quite sure if I belong, but, hello
Not quite sure if I belong, but, hello
Hi there. I feel so very out of place here, but if I'm to be honest with myself I am an atheist, so....here I am.
RE: Not quite sure if I belong, but, hello
Welcome aboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome! Why do you feel out of place? Make yourself comfortable. Hope you like it here and stay Smile
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Hello, there.  If you're an atheist you are in the right place.
Welcome from San Diego! Give us a try.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
All of us have a place here and are yet out of place here. It's the nature of things. We all interact and hopefully it is good. I think we all believe there is something good to be had so we participate.

If you stick around long enough, you will learn something from someone else and you will teach something to someone else.

I personally think forums like this are great. Even if 90% of it is crap, you will take something of the 10% away with you and be enriched by it.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
It's just that I've been in an existential crisis for several years and I've never been able to accept atheism. I don't get how anyone can be happy like this.
Make a thread, lay out the crisis.  Maybe someone else went through something similar.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Greetings, missionary.  Nice ruse.  Haven't heard this one in, gosh, weeks.  

Anyhow maybe you'd like some tea and cookies?  

[Image: 6934434820_07836b2409_c.jpg]

There you go, I know I don't have any objective values but hopefully this will make you feel at home here .. at least subjectively.
(November 3, 2017 at 12:49 am)Whateverist Wrote: Greetings, missionary.  Nice ruse.  Haven't heard this one in, gosh, weeks.  

Anyhow maybe you'd like some tea and cookies?  

[Image: 6934434820_07836b2409_c.jpg]

There you go, I know I don't have any objective values but hopefully this will make you feel at home here .. at least subjectively.

Jeez, at least give me a chance. Do you greet everyone like this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  spiritual but not religious yogamaster 23 1827 April 1, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Hi, I'm not new but here is another side to me. Whateverist 12 2280 May 2, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello everyone, I'm not new here! Alex K 18 3238 December 14, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sure, I want to be a Christ-like atheist. cosmowanderer 12 2239 September 2, 2015 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Longhorn
Tongue Looking for a place to belong pocket god 18 3049 May 26, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Not sure what to title this, but hello Frostion 25 3422 June 8, 2014 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  I am new to the forums, but not to wondering what the neighbors drank... ParCutz 35 6566 August 21, 2013 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ParCutz
Tongue I'm new but not unfamiliar. 957Chatterton 34 10867 November 22, 2012 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: 957Chatterton
  I'm Not Sure Why I'm Here? discordianpope 19 7303 September 18, 2012 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: jonb
  I'm new here, so you may not be aware of my legendary status, but you soon will be. Gambit 13 3476 April 30, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: frankiej