Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How a Broken Sink changed a life
How a Broken Sink changed a life
This is the story of a boy brought over from a foreign land, family so deep into drugs that their kids were taken from them and put into foster families.

There was this 5 years old, he was just a stupid lil kid really. he lived with his foster mother, she was okay, but it was far from being a family. One day while his Foster mother was making hot chocolate (something he enjoyed a lot) she noticed the sink was broken.

For the life of her she could not fix the damn thing. So she pulled out a phone book and looks up a plumber 'Lynn's Plumbing'. He tells her he will be over soon.

She's never met him before, just someone here to her broken sink, just another client, just another day

Well this man crawls under the sink and begins to work on the pipes, but that lil boy he was a pesky one. He came in all curious, kept bugging the poor man who was just trying to do his job, make a living.

The plumber was a decent man and put up with the child, answered his questions.

The child left and played outside, as the plumber finished his job. He spoke to the client, and left . . .

But the next day something interesting happened, something you'd never expected.

That plumber showed up, but this time he was dressed a whole lot better.

See that ol' plumber asked the woman about the boy and I guess it came up that he was a foster kid and would soon be moving to another foster home.

Turns out, he'd been wanting a kid of his own but was unable to have one.

On that kids 5th Birthday, that man adopted him. First real family that boy ever had.

Taught the boy how to fish, taught him how to treat a woman with respect, how to stand up for what is right.

The plumber died about 3-years ago, his name was Lynn Wilson.

[Image: 1zq7fr9.jpg]

So I guess this is my story, my name is Jarrett Lynn Wilson, that man became a father to a boy who didn't have one, he never had to, he didn't have to be the man he stepped up to be. He had enough problems of his own from the War he'd fought in Vietnam, but he made room for me as a boy.

Now that, is a man. That was my father.

Happy fathers day dad.
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
RE: How a Broken Sink changed a life
(June 16, 2014 at 1:25 am)BlackSwordsman Wrote: The plumber died about 3-years ago, his name was Lynn Wilson.

So I guess this is my story, my name is Jarrett Lynn Wilson, that man became a father to a boy who didn't have one, he never had to, he didn't have to be the man he stepped up to be. He had enough problems of his own from the War he'd fought in Vietnam, but he made room for me as a boy.

Now that, is a man. That was my father.

Happy fathers day dad.

What a wonderful story, and I'm very sorry for your loss. Confused
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
My dad's name was Lynn. He died this year. Great story man!
(June 16, 2014 at 6:16 pm)ShaMan Wrote: My dad's name was Lynn. He died this year. Great story man!

I am sorry for your loss, I truly know how you feel so if you ever need to talk you got my name
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
OK, so my eyes are watering now. What a beautiful story.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boru changed colors on us! arewethereyet 28 1562 November 1, 2020 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Happy Birthday, Broken Quill! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 404 April 7, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: SometimesFactsAreUnpopular
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1272 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The system of educaction has to be changed Macoleco 31 2648 May 19, 2018 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Unless she changed her username... Foxaèr 7 930 March 1, 2018 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Losty
  My smartphone has changed my life. Jehanne 28 2259 February 17, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 9 2102 April 23, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  evolution as changed in the last 100 years justin65 39 5411 October 11, 2015 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  If you changed your name BrokenQuill92 40 5951 January 31, 2014 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Changed my username Foxaèr 21 3959 November 3, 2013 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy