Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad face
Sad face
So I was talking to my friend Becky's ex because the stupid head is still in my Harry Potter fan club at the library. He says I'm overly perky to the point of creepy. Apparently my high-pitched chirpy voice hurts people's ears and my love of Loli-Goth clothes translates into weird porcelain doll look. Do you guys think I'm overly friendly?
RE: Sad face
(June 16, 2014 at 10:48 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So I was talking to my friend Becky's ex because the stupid head is still in my Harry Potter fan at the library. He says I'm overly perky to the point of creepy. Apparently my high-pitched chirpy voice hurts people's ears and my love of Loli-Goth clothes translates into weird porcelain doll look. Do you guys think I'm overly friendly?

Well, I'm new here. But so far no. Friendly yes. Overly friendly, no.

I do art fairs and my eldest is perky. She likes to help at fairs. She's a better saleswoman at 16 than I will ever be. At one fair last summer someone asked, do you ever get tired of the constant up? The answer is yes, but I wouldn't have her any other way. And all of the people there, including the woman who asked the question, WANT her there because she is perky.

I suspect you are wanted just for being perky. So ignore stupid head.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
You might try telling him to go fuck himself.

That would probably do away with the overly friendly routine in short order.

I don't mind it but it takes all kinds.
(June 16, 2014 at 10:48 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So I was talking to my friend Becky's ex because the stupid head is still in my Harry Potter fan club at the library. He says I'm overly perky to the point of creepy. Apparently my high-pitched chirpy voice hurts people's ears and my love of Loli-Goth clothes translates into weird porcelain doll look. Do you guys think I'm overly friendly?

Ah, Sheesh.

I forget what it's like to be young. Anyone who tells you its the best years of your life has their head up their ass.

Here's the question. Why do you think he told you that? Not why did he think that, but why share it with you?

Was it because he wants to help you? I seriously doubt it.

Little people love to drag bigger people Down to their level. What he means is "I'm a butt hurt slave to a sociological norm. I have to try to fit in to the glee club / high school musical / whatever stereotype and on some level I dispise myself for it. I sold out to fit in and STILL got dumped. You however don't appear to do that and that irks me because it highlights my own lack of personality. Plus your friend rejected me. Thus I'm going to try to make you feel bad about yourself. Also have a tiny penis"

Aside from the penis thing (probably true but less relevant) that's probably pretty close to the psychology...

Here's the thing quill. Your high pitched voice and loli goth clothes (no clue what that means btw) is YOU. So be you! If captain butt hurt doesn't like it tell him to go molest a cobra! What you will find is that there are people for all types of people. Seriously there are. It's better to be you and go find them than try to be someone else to fit with what someone else tells you you should be. Do that and guarantee you will make yourself miserable.

Short version, as min said, smile sweetly and tell him to go fuck himself. You're you, you're ace and you change for nobody.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Jacob put it far more eloquently than I will.

Hand him a rubber mallet, a bucket of sand, and tell him to go pound it up his ass.

That's just me, though.
Big hugs you guys. I know I'm not your typical atheist cynic and I wonder if bothers people sometimes.
It is very common for others to project their prejudices onto the nearest available target. That, and people also project disdain for what they themselves desire, but do not possess. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it bears consideration, which can lead to understanding.

Personally I'm extra perky (47 Y.O.) and I love perky people - especially perky women.

Perk-on proud perkstress!
Don't listen.

He's just jealous.

So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
I know I haven't known you for that long, but you don't seem overly friendly. Not even regularly friendly. At least not to me. Sad :'(
Seriously though, you seem regularly friendly. Maybe a bit less than that, but that may be because I'm used to people who, supposedly, are friendlier than average.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
Girl you just be as friendly and perky as you are. I'll take the high pitched voice and the Lili-Goth clothes and love you just the same. *hugs*
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sad about report from the vet arewethereyet 10 560 April 23, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Sad. Minimalist 32 2273 September 23, 2018 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sad Scenario: Is He Your Husband or Your Project? Rhondazvous 23 2623 June 17, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Kind of sad. Foxaèr 6 1415 May 1, 2018 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  This Is Just Sad.... Minimalist 51 3929 May 23, 2016 at 3:36 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Rainbow A Thread For Sad And Lonely Internet Users Excited Penguin 36 3924 May 17, 2016 at 2:43 pm
  Girls: Beard or Baby face? ErGingerbreadMandude 90 9596 May 5, 2016 at 6:13 pm
  Sad Reality :( Heat 23 4643 September 16, 2015 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  I am so sad Foxaèr 23 2525 May 12, 2015 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dahrling
  Random thought about Sam Harris's face. paulpablo 16 4668 April 13, 2015 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Exian