Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is Just Sad....
This Is Just Sad....
http://themetapicture.com/americans-were...-on-a-map/

Quote:This is what happens when you ask Americans to place European countries on a map.

I'll see you guys later.  My brain is just fried after this.
RE: This Is Just Sad....
Most Americans probably couldn't place American states on a map, much less foreign countries.

(May 20, 2016 at 2:10 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Most Americans probably couldn't place American states on a map, much less foreign countries.

My ex-inlaws couldn't read a map if their lives depended on it judging by the number of calls I used to get asking for directions to such and such place that they've already been.
Honestly, it doesn't bother me when people have difficulty knowing the locations of places on the other side of the world. Not knowing the exact geographical location of a place doesn't mean they're necessarily ignorant about everything concerning it. Most of the people who were asked knew where Ireland, the U.K., Spain, France, Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, and Italy are. That's not too shabby.

You get the same results when asking Brits to identify U.S. states: https://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/its-t...he-us-stat
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(May 20, 2016 at 2:10 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Most Americans probably couldn't place American states on a map, much less foreign countries.

Yeah, well, apart from the coastlines I'd have a hard time putting American states on a map either. Same goes for Africa, by the way.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
To be brutally honest, I'm not sure I could do a whole lot better than those people. My world geography sucks.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The video about turkeyday in that link-

"the president either pardons a turkey, or they ritually slaughter one, or both?"

Worship That guy gets us.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The examples I've scrolled through weren't so bad. Turning Belgium into Euro Disney was a nice touch, too.
Also, "Le France". heh.
One person grossly misplaced (and misspelled) Milla Jovovic, though. That's not acceptable.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The 4th one was pretty funny with Poland misidentified as Australia, lol. I'm guessing he meant Austria.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Probably did mean Australia.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sad about report from the vet arewethereyet 10 554 April 23, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Sad. Minimalist 32 2273 September 23, 2018 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sad Scenario: Is He Your Husband or Your Project? Rhondazvous 23 2611 June 17, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Kind of sad. Foxaèr 6 1415 May 1, 2018 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2150 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
Rainbow A Thread For Sad And Lonely Internet Users Excited Penguin 36 3919 May 17, 2016 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Sad Reality :( Heat 23 4643 September 16, 2015 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  I am so sad Foxaèr 23 2524 May 12, 2015 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dahrling
  So I just got back my IQ score and diagnosis and I'm sad MusicLovingAtheist 43 18838 September 26, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Sad face BrokenQuill92 11 2083 June 18, 2014 at 5:58 am
Last Post: Losty