Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 4:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iraq: Even THESE people admit...
Iraq: Even THESE people admit...
I was highly suspicious when I saw both of these pieces of news that I was being punked. I looked for "The Onion" links but didn't find any.

Pat Robertson: "We were sold a bill of goods" (on Iraq)

Quote:"And so to sell the American people on weapons of mass destruction, he had WMD and was getting [concentrated uranium] yellowcake out of Africa and all of that, it was a lot of nonsense," the TV preacher said. "We were sold a bill of goods, we should never have gone into that country!"

"As bad as Saddam Hussein was, he held those warring factions in check, and he contained those radical Islamists," he continued...

http://videos.rawstory.com/video/Pat-Rob...Bush-for-I

Even Pat Robertson admits we were lied into a war and what's happening isn't because Barak Obama is beaming over weak signals from his weak White House as he wears weak mom-jeans (when he's not an iron-fisted brutal dictator oppressing the Tea Baggers here at home) but rather because we destabilized the country and our puppet we installed became a sectarian dictator who undid all the good that came out of The Surge (including the Sunnis in the political process). Surprising lucidity from the mouth of a madman.

And speaking of pearls of wisdom from otherwise madmen:

Glenn Beck: "Liberals, you were right (about Iraq)"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17...05424.html

I listened to both of them speak and heard it with my own ears so it's not a parody.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Iraq: Even THESE people admit...
(June 18, 2014 at 9:42 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: Pat Robertson: "We were sold a bill of goods" (on Iraq)

[snip]

Glenn Beck: "Liberals, you were right (about Iraq)"

[Image: giphy.gif]
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day
Smile
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
However, many of the rest of the neo-con punditry who were 100% wrong 11 years ago are blaming Obama for the clusterfuck which was largely their fault, as they sold that bad bill of goods to Americans.
(June 18, 2014 at 11:23 am)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: However, many of the rest of the neo-con punditry who were 100% wrong 11 years ago are blaming Obama for the clusterfuck which was largely their fault, as they sold that bad bill of goods to Americans.

I'm sure there was the same armchair quarterbacking from conservatives after the Vietnam War. "Just one more year and we would have won!" You can always count on that lament when you live in an alternate universe where total victory is always "just around the corner". Remember how Bush and Cheney spent every year for the last five years of their administration saying, "the insurgency is in its death throes" every few months?

But what really surprises me is the double-think that goes into the whole Neo-con argument. I mean, let go of the history re-write. Let them have their alternate facts. Ignore that Bush signed the treaty pulling our forces out and the Iraqi government refused to allow American troops to stay. Even accepting all that, their claim makes no sense:
  • If Bush was so successful in creating a stable government and a self-sufficient army in Iraq, why did it require our presence propping it all up to make it work?
  • If the victory was so great, why did it all fall apart the moment we left?
  • If 2 trillion dollars, 10 years and the blood of our finest could only produce a government and an Iraqi army that only worked as long as we were there to sustain it, how is that a success?
  • If the Al Qaida insurgency was crushed, whence commeth the Al Qaida affiliate army now poised to take Bagdad?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
There was an uglier side to Bush's surge....one that the neo-cons never talk about.

https://www.vdare.com/articles/bushs-dir...t-to-fight

Quote:The real purpose of the "surge" was to hide another deception. The Bush regime is paying Sunni insurgents $800,000 a day not to attack US forces. That`s right, 80,000 members of an "Awakening group," the "Sons of Iraq," a newly formed "US-allied security force" consisting of Sunni insurgents, are being paid $10 a day each not to attack US troops. Allegedly, the Sons of Iraq are now at work fighting al Qaeda.

But in order to get them fighting "al Qaeda" we had to arm the Sunni militias. I'm guessing we did not pick those guns up when we left. No wonder Maliki wanted us gone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1331 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1668 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  Americans supporting sexual misconduct survivors even less than before? Rev. Rye 6 969 October 28, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Even The FOX FUX Have Had Eniough of the Orange Turdfuhrer Minimalist 2 390 October 11, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Shameless, Even By Trump's Standards Crossless2.0 8 1088 August 29, 2018 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2845 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Just Run of the Mill Corruption With These Scumbags Minimalist 8 1958 May 10, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Bombing Syria is stupid, this is just gonna be like Iraq war Ruckus123 48 4689 April 14, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Yeah, We Know, Charlie. But These Are Your Friends Minimalist 3 1017 March 28, 2018 at 9:10 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  I posed a question for these flag loving Trumpsters and they did not like it NuclearEnergy 23 5611 September 29, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: JackRussell