Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombing Syria is stupid, this is just gonna be like Iraq war
Bombing Syria is stupid, this is just gonna be like Iraq war
As bad one may think Assad is, gassing his own people or whatever. This is a war they need to fight on their own. If USA or Western allies gets involved, guess who gets the blame? Its essentially a civil war and then imperialists comes in, do we want this? Like i can understand fighting ISIS they are a threat world wide, but whatever Syria as a country does is something they themself need to figure out

Like Iraq War was a good idea in theory but i disagree with it in general. Essentially the idea that a country who is undemocratic. Why it is dangerous for a undemocratic to have nukes? Because its ruled by dictator etc you cannot trust them most of the time so the less of those who have nukes the better, and democratic nations usually promise not to use nukes is the reason. But essentially Iraq War was hated due to bad intel but i am against attacking countries with nukes except if they attack us, kinda like WW2 method, Japan attacked so then i understand with the attacking back method, however making it hard for those countries on getting nukes is recommended which is why i agree with Trump on backing out of the Iran deal, the less of this we have the better (not that i hate Iran) but nukes are really just a dangerous game. Same with nations with nukes, but being the aggressor in this, why?

Like i get supporting democratic forces who want that change but what good does it do to impose our way on them? It just is gonna be a mess again. Just let Syrians do this and figure out their own path this is something US should back away from entirely.
RE: Bombing Syria is stupid, this is just gonna be like Iraq war
War is not healthy for children.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

The irony is that the Republicans who wouldn't vote for Hillary because she was too eager for war are going to praise Trump for starting a war.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
OP: What type of reaction/retaliation against a nation that uses chemical weapons would you propose?

Or does the world just let them use chemical weapons until someone outside the nation is effected?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
it's not going to be like Iraq there are consequences because Russia will shoot down our bombs.
And starting another regime change is the worst thing we can do.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(April 12, 2018 at 8:24 am)mh.brewer Wrote: OP: What type of reaction/retaliation against a nation that uses chemical weapons would you propose?

Or does the world just let them use chemical weapons until someone outside the nation is effected?

Yeah because gas is so much worse than having your balls blown off by a bomb or artillery shell.  We are so particular about it when it comes to what is permitted when we kill people.

The dead don't care how they got that way.
Gas is pretty bad. It's less efficient than a bomb..if you're going for death toll and destruction..but much more efficient if you want people to live in crippling terror.   Honestly, if we can't try to defend people getting gassed we may as well throw in the towel and cede the entire world to someone who can.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Who else is stupid enough to even try?

These are not choir boys.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2...ed-groups/

Quote:Armed groups operating in Aleppo, Idleb and surrounding areas in the north of Syria have carried out a chilling wave of abductions, torture and summary killings, said Amnesty International in a new briefing published today.
The briefing Torture was my punishment’: Abductions, torture and summary killings under armed group rule in Aleppo and Idleb, Syria offers a rare glimpse of what life is really like in areas under the control of armed opposition groups. Some of them are believed to have the support of governments such as Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the USA despite evidence that they are committing violations of international humanitarian law (the laws of war). It also sheds light on the administrative and quasi-judicial institutions set up by armed groups to govern in these areas.
“This briefing exposes the distressing reality for civilians living under the control of some of the armed opposition groups in Aleppo, Idleb and surrounding areas. Many civilians live in constant fear of being abducted if they criticize the conduct of armed groups in power or fail to abide by the strict rules that some have imposed,” said Philip Luther, Director of the Middle East and North Africa Programme at Amnesty International.

Civilians always take it up the ass in any war.
Civilians are the one's who take the brunt of the gas, too...what with combatants regularly carrying masks.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I agree with the OP. Assuming it really was Assad (it makes no sense for him to do this, he's winning the war, this is what gets other countries involved) we still shouldn't go to war.(not to mention there's no evidence it was him) No matter which side we back we're backing somebody that's fucked up. Are we going to wipe out both sides and then rebuild from the ground up with the few civilians that are still going to be alive?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 471 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5812 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3027 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 806 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Stupid Capitalist Tricks The Architect Of Fate 27 1897 July 7, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 891 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1065 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  what I Find Really Stupid Rhondazvous 24 1706 April 13, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3209 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nukes: post your imagined scenario of the next war WinterHold 46 3133 February 24, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: WinterHold