Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone will be replaced
Everyone will be replaced
By a machine one day. Even the flag man is a thing of the past now.

[Image: bepa8uzy.jpg]
RE: Everyone will be replaced
Just a timer and some light bulbs, it's not like there is a T-1000 there directing traffic.

Yet . . . . . .
Which machine that stole jobs from humans do you hate/love most? I can't stand calling places and trying to work with voice automated robots for 20 minutes only to have them hang up on you.
Except the pharmacy. Gotta say their telephone computer answering/ordering system is so much better than dealing with the fucktards behind the counter.

(and this might be particular to Shopko Pharmacy, although I am getting to think Prime Therapeutics is just as bad)
Most machine replacements please me. Including automated systems - as long as there is an employee for technical support.

The problem with that is that most people refuse to talk to machines and waste the techsupport's time with bullshit.

I mean, really, why have a flag man out there instead of a machine?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
It just makes me wonder what things will be like when most tasks are done by a machine.

I hope the flag man found something else to do.
I'm hoping we'll move towards a more Jetsons style society. Just less troping.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Oh noooo not the flag man :o
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 19, 2014 at 11:52 am)KUSA Wrote: It just makes me wonder what things will be like when most tasks are done by a machine.

I hope the flag man found something else to do.

Romney reclassified him as a "taker."
In seriousness though. Replacing the flag man is a great idea. My friend's husband was run over by some jackass on a cellphone while he was standing in a highway holding a sign that said slow down. That just seems stupid to be risking someone's life when we can easily stick the sign out there without a man holding it.

TSQ I am also one of those annoying people who won't talk to a machine. I really suck at speaking robot as it is and I have 3 kids who refuse to hush while I'm on the phone.
Robot: what can I help you with today
Me: my internet isn't working again (kids yelling in background)
Robot: you need to go potty? Did I hear that correctly?
Me: no you stupid robot I hate you I want to talk to a real person
Robot: okay code 2 you want to buy upgraded version? Did I hear that correctly?
Me: I hate you so much
Robot: I'm sorry I'm having a hard time understanding, what can I help you with?
Me: my internet isn't working again
Robot: I'm sorry can you please repeat that?
Me: I hate you and I hope you die
Robot: I'm still not understanding you, please hold while I connect you to an operator.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well