Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hospitilized; Psychiatric and Medical
Hospitilized; Psychiatric and Medical
Well I guess the bubble popped. One moment things are generically stressful and life is bearable, the next moment I'm drinking too much and on my way to an six foot hole.

I recently went into the hospital last Wednesday because I was going to kill myself, started cutting again, and had violent thoughts. I was hoping to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital first but due to high blood sugar I ended staying in the medical ICU for nearly 48 hours where they diagnosed me with Type One Diabetes.

Then Friday they transfered me to the psychiatric hospital. Two days ago I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and have been prescribed two extra medications.

It's been rough but I'm finally starting to calm down. So here are some positives to the situation:

1) Created some space between my wife and I to mentally heal.
2) Allowed my wife and I to really connect during visitations better that we had in the past two months.
3) My father and I are now on speaking terms. I sayed sorry and he offered to pay for my treatment.
4) My suicidal thoughts and violent thoughts are now becoming controllable.
5) This hospitalization is putting me on the right foot to stop drinking and smoking so much.
6) My diabetes diagnosis will help me eat better and loose more weight..and hopefully live longer.
7) Next week I will be admitted to an eight week dialectic behavioral therapy program to help me with my disorder.
8) My diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder well paint a better picture of what is going on with me and allow for better treatment.

I'll be out of the hospital on Saturday. Time to focus on discharge and coping techniques.
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
RE: Hospitilized; Psychiatric and Medical
Ever tried meditating? I'm not talking about any specific traditional meditation techniques. Find your own method - your body knows best. Good luck with your healing, and keep those relationships strong as you are best able to.
[Image: Full-Moon-Shamanic-Healing-Circle-Katherine-Skaggs.jpg]
Best wishes, Elcon, I hope things improve for you with your treatment program. And I'm glad to hear you and your father are talking again.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I hope all goes well for you. I don't have experience with BPD, but I do have experience with mental health issues and psychiatric hospitals. Just try to stay focused, and most of all, try not to get too discouraged when you have setbacks. Coping with mental illness is an up and down battle, and one of the most powerful tools we have to fight it is to not allow ourselves to get caught up in a downward spiral of self-destruction when the going gets tough.

I would also recommend starting some sort of exercise regimen. Not only should it help with your diabetes(my dad was able to get off insulin almost completely by doing so), exercise is the only universally accepted method of coping with emotional issues. You don't have to jump into it all at once. I started by just taking a short walk whenever I started feeling overwhelmed and then increased it from there once my body started getting more acclimated to physical activity.

Good luck.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I'll echo what FNM says above.

Take care of yourself and get well.
All the best to you.

Take your time to recover and be well.
Dying to live, living to die.
I would echo what FNM has said.

Get well Elcon. One step at a time
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Good luck bud... We're thinking of you.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Yea I just got out of the psych ward late last week, I always look forward to the pudding there, I actually threatened someone with an axe.
That's what I hate about forums. They're impersonal and we can never know where people are coming from.
Appreciate the honestly...

Everyone have a beautiful day!
Remember, these forums aren't the cause of anyone's grievances or angst. Life is...

Now if feel like a cookie with a smiley face on it....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 805 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Medical advice Macoleco 12 3139 July 7, 2017 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Macoleco
  Medical update BrokenQuill92 102 7916 May 16, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  For Our Medical Types Minimalist 0 636 October 23, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What the FLUFF!! Medical World! BlackSwordsman 7 1637 July 11, 2014 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: BlackSwordsman
  My first week in the medical field~ BlackSwordsman 3 1301 June 28, 2014 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
Thumbs Up jail sounds great if you need medical work done bbrettle 8 3364 June 22, 2011 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: bbrettle
  Outlawing ALL unproven medical practices, theVOID 67 21132 February 6, 2010 at 6:43 am
Last Post: fr0d0