Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just landed here
Just landed here
Hi. I am a Muslim from UK. By profession I am a commercial pilot and fly for one of the major carries in Middle East.

My work takes me all over the globe and i think it has helped in making me very tolerant/open to other people, their views, cultures and various religions.

I believe in God and appreciate and respect all other forms of religions. However, being a Muslim there are still many things in Islam e.g. , intolerant behavior of many, contradictions and some violent verses of Quran, weird ideas, some strange rituals and many man made stories etc that bother me lot. When i try get the answers or discuss these with few other Muslims , things get fiery and now i have almost stopped discussing them because they are not ready to listen to a different point of view.
I stumbled upon this forum by chance as I was looking for something on Google. I hanged around here as a guest for very long and just been reading various threads but now have decided to contribute whenever I get time.

Don't get me wrong, but its my observation of the past few months. I have noticed that not everyone one but a good number of senior Atheist members while replying to the post a member of any faith, resolve to lots of profanity and derogatory terms. They use of lot of swear words instead of tackling their replies with some logic and civility . I don't see them any different and they are as extremist and intolerant in their views as the extremist Muslims' I mention in the above paragraph.

I am here to learn and educate myself on many spiritual and non spiritual matters . i want to hear all sorts of point of views and then draw my own unbiased conclusions. There are some excellent threads and majority of members are very knowledgeable with many great posts and its been fun to read them.

Regards
RE: Just landed here
welcome
I look forward to seeing you and MuslimAtheist discuss Islam, Allah, the Qur'an and the existence of god. And what I mean is please please discuss these things with MuslimAtheist. Big Grin

Anyways, welcome to the forum it's nice to meet you. Yes, we use swear words, but they're just words they can't hurt you. If you have thick skin you will be just fine Smile

Make yourself at home and have some welcome cookies.

(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Welcome...
Please let us know if you see any "gods" up in the heavens where you fly.
Christianity has been looking for theirs for 2000 years! The bugger must be up there somewhere. Apparently when you die, your soul rises up to heaven?

I don't know, maybe I'm not "getting" the bible.
Please enjoy our silly atheist sense of humour. You will find there are many highly intelligent people here. If you ask serious questions and not make silly false claims about eg, what evolution is, etc, you will find the vast majority here will treat you with respect. Logic is "god" around here.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
* Nine sighs...

For the most part we don't just string together lines of profanity and leave it at that. It's usually to add passion to something we say. There is usually a point being made, and the swearing just part of our language. Plus were not an army of philosophers we are (fairly) normal people. You're not going to get 100% logic, reason or civility. You are going to frustration and emotion though, that's just the nature of people.

I also call bullshit pretty flowers on the extremism thing. Swearing or getting frustrated isn't extremism. You do get more extreme views from time to time (usually as a joke or out of frustration). That said people reacting negatively or swearing isn't an indicator of extreme views.

That said, welcome. So long as you can get past the swearing and not take this place too seriously you'll enjoy it here.
Hey, welcome. Another fellow Brit here. Don't think we've had a pilot on here before?

Anyway, stick around. Always good to get another theistic perspective.

Btw, GJ on the just landed thing. I get jokes. Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Oh yes finally someone for me to debate Islam Wink Shades
Welcome
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

God be praised!

Welcome to Satan's den OP!
(July 11, 2014 at 3:22 am)Hotel Bravo Wrote: They use of lot of swear words instead of tackling their replies with some logic and civility .

That tends to happen when ignorant douchebags turn up trying to spout non-sense on an atheist forum. Especially those who judge us before they even know us.

As for you claim about 'extremism', yeah, Insanity rebutted that quite effectively.

Those points aside, welcome aboard.
(July 11, 2014 at 3:22 am)Hotel Bravo Wrote: Don't get me wrong, but its my observation of the past few months. I have noticed that not everyone one but a good number of senior Atheist members while replying to the post a member of any faith, resolve to lots of profanity and derogatory terms. They use of lot of swear words instead of tackling their replies with some logic and civility . I don't see them any different and they are as extremist and intolerant in their views as the extremist Muslims' I mention in the above paragraph.

I won't deny that we swear and use profanities and insult people, but we don't just do that. If you actually bothered to properly read anything, you would most probably note that in the same paragraph of an insult or a profanity, there is an explanation as to why. We don't just say 'you're an idiot', we say 'you're an idiot because...'
If you don't like swearing, then this forum probably isn't for you, in fact, the internet probably isn't for you either for that matter.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1775 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dundee has landed here Dundee 10 800 March 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Dundee
  Just joined – here's my story! GeorgiasTelescope 20 4104 June 25, 2017 at 4:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hi, an agnostic here ... just agnostic. TheHuxleyAgnostic 47 4101 November 12, 2016 at 4:06 am
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Just Here for Advice, but Hi! Pinja 20 5917 August 2, 2013 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: SmarterthanU
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6682 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  Hi, I am new here. Just wanting to learn MORETORQUE 16 2472 April 11, 2013 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Rainbow Just Gonna Drop This Here... Braioch 18 4576 June 27, 2012 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Just another (black) Atheist here Drkojiin 42 9959 June 4, 2012 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I just registered just now! Emma_Hates_Islam 46 11953 December 26, 2011 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Happy UnBeliever