Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Nut Juice?
Got Nut Juice?
I just saw a Colbert clip where he is talking about American Dairy farmers objecting to non dairy drinks being called milk. They think that it should be called Nut Juice. So of course, I couldn't resist starting a thread for all of you nut milkers.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
RE: Got Nut Juice?
Could not agree more.  If there's no teats involved, there's no milk.  But I don't expect anything will change, as I've been ranting about this for years.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 26, 2019 at 5:22 pm)Yonadav Wrote: I just saw a Colbert clip where he is talking about American Dairy farmers objecting to non dairy drinks being called milk. They think that it should be called Nut Juice. So of course, I couldn't resist starting a thread for all of you nut milkers.

I called Boss Lady's almond milk "FILK". She started calling my artificial sugar "FUGAR".
(February 26, 2019 at 5:49 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(February 26, 2019 at 5:22 pm)Yonadav Wrote: I just saw a Colbert clip where he is talking about American Dairy farmers objecting to non dairy drinks being called milk. They think that it should be called Nut Juice. So of course, I couldn't resist starting a thread for all of you nut milkers.

I called Boss Lady's almond milk "FILK". She started calling my artificial sugar "FUGAR".

'Get that soy juice out of the dairy section.  It's making my moo cow fuck milk feel bad about itself.' - Lewis Black.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
They just mad because people are finally realizing that cow milk isnt the greatest thing to put in your body
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I once tried some Silk when my normal milk wasn't available. It tasted like lawn clippings mixed with vanilla extract so it could pass for liquid. To even apply the word "milk" to it is little more than an insult to my intelligence.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
It's marketing, and from a marketing standpoint the dairy farmers can refer to a number of other products.  You can't call your sparkling wine champagne, officially....that's a product limited by it's ingredients and also it's region and this is reflected in term and law.  It matters.  It impacts our purchasing habits and through that the producers income.  Soy knew this, that's why it asked to be allowed to call itself milk a few decades back even though, as dairy producers have pointed out since then, it doesn't fit the federal identity of the product that's used to regulate it and the industry.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The ink in my pen isn't real ink™, but I use it when I would otherwise use ink™. Forcing companies to call it "non-octopussial coloring" doesn't change the function.

Almond or soy milks are drinks that people use instead of milk-- for coffee, when I'd normally use moo cream, I can use soy milk instead to save some calories.

+1 to the dairy industry for trying to completely fuck another industry in this way, though. I mean-- nut juice, tho.
In fairness, soy started it, lol.

(and maybe if they keep fighting, we'll reach a point where the canadian milk cartel is stuffing severed horses heads into soy ceos bedsheets, billions of dollars on the line, lol)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Guess they should stop calling crushed peanut spread peanut butter
Formerly Loom from TTA (rip)

~Ignorance is not to be ignored.~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coffee and Orange Juice Foxaèr 10 651 August 14, 2022 at 5:45 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7087 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 512 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2085 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Got Plates? onlinebiker 23 1446 June 3, 2020 at 6:32 am
  Got Gator? onlinebiker 23 1907 May 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Got gas? onlinebiker 52 3554 April 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  K-pods, whatcha got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 706 April 12, 2020 at 7:24 am
  You got to love the US brewer 32 3593 July 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The biggest thing I've learned as I've got older is... robvalue 80 4893 September 27, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Hobbitgirl