Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
>point
>point
(i know this doesn't apply to ALL atheists, but it definitely applies to some. and it's the people that is DOES apply to that i want replying to me. so if it doesn't apply to you, or you can't give me an actual answer, please stay away)

Dear small portion of atheists,

Some of you say that you "won't let religion take over your life"

and yet, you continue to obsess over telling everyone how religion is wrong.

my question is, if you insist on talking about religion 24/7, would that not be letting religion consume a large portion of your life, therefore negating the code you live your whole life by?

please respond with the answer

Sincerely,
Ub3rHax0r69xx
RE: >point
You think spending time on an atheist forum and discussing relevant matters, constitutes as 'consuming a large portion of our lives'? I spend more time thinking about the next game of thrones season than I do to religion. Thats something religious people will never understand about atheists, how small a part of their lives religion is.

Being an atheist doesn't neccessarily mean that you are against religion but i'm pretty sure most of us are. We are very justified in not letting religion take over our lives. What i'm refering to when I say this, is laws legislated for religions that impede on other peoples rights. So in answer to your question: no.
P.S. Code of our lives? Have you ever met an atheist?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech

(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I don't obsess over telling people why religion is fucking ridiculous, but I won't remain silent when confronted by religious claims. The same goes for pseudo-scientific claims and philosophical positions I don't agree with. People who are uncomfortable with criticism should remain silent. Disagreement is not tantamount to persecution and not all beliefs are equally justified despite everyone's right to believe as they wish.
Actually, We don't think about religion much per se, we are much more of a support group for those of us surrounded by the religious and we spend time deconstructing silly arguments pushed forth by theists who wish to extend the con to the world.

I enjoy helping people throw off their cloak of ignorance. If I am considered "obsessed" by trying to help friends and strangers with their problems, then so be it.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
I do hope someone's sharpening the axe!
Get this dickhead out of here....

Another xtard
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
If I only ever saw you at work, would it be fair for me to say that you're obsessed with work? Or would it be more accurate to say that I've only ever seen you in a context where working would be appropriate?

Wouldn't it therefore also be accurate to say that, if you're engaging an atheist in the only respect in which they absolutely must differ from theists, then that subject- religion- might come up in the interaction? At all other times, how likely is it that their atheism is even at the forefront of your mind?

What you're essentially saying is that when you're discussing religion, atheists will express their atheism. Shocker.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(July 21, 2014 at 6:35 am)xXGODISREALXx Wrote: Ub3rHax0r69xx

Seems legit..

By the way everyone knows its m8, not maite. Cheeky scrublord, get rekt.
(July 21, 2014 at 8:22 am)Insanity Wrote:
(July 21, 2014 at 6:35 am)xXGODISREALXx Wrote: Ub3rHax0r69xx

Seems legit..

By the way everyone knows its m8, not maite. Cheeky scrublord, get rekt.

Are you doubting his l33t skills?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 21, 2014 at 8:45 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Are you doubting his l33t skills?

* Nine ponders where the line is

LOLOLOL W0T skillz!?1 Fanboy diggleb3rry need5 to get go0d>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your point of living? joe90 82 10586 May 9, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why I'm an atheist, a point of confusion for many theists Asmodee 28 5479 December 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  What is the point of anything? Nell 42 8389 February 13, 2015 at 12:31 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  whats the point of this forum? christianteen 32 6739 December 25, 2014 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point answer-is-42 26 7007 September 18, 2014 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Tonus
  What is the point of Heaven? Manowar 42 8681 September 4, 2014 at 12:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  My brother made a good point Thinking Christian 46 11139 August 13, 2014 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: jughead
  Whats the point of deism? tor 21 6213 March 19, 2014 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  Does he have a point? BrokenQuill92 2 1340 December 28, 2013 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Bug Unfortunately the atheists will have to kill themselves to prove the point DOS 91 20473 December 14, 2013 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Cyberman