Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfortunately the atheists will have to kill themselves to prove the point
Bug 
Unfortunately the atheists will have to kill themselves to prove the point
"You ape, you assent to get the better of me. Hold your tongue; you won't understand anything. If there is no God, then I am God."

"There, I could never understand that point of yours: why are you God?"

"If God exists, all is His will and from His will I cannot escape. If not, it's all my will and I am bound to show self-will."

"Self-will? But why are you bound?"

"Because all will has become mine. Can it be that no one in the whole planet, after making an end of God and believing in his own will, will dare to express his self-will on the most vital point? It's like a beggar inheriting a fortune and being afraid of it and not daring to approach the bag of gold, thinking himself too weak to own it. I want to manifest my self-will. I may be the only one, but I'll do it."

"Do it by all means."

"I am bound to shoot myself because the highest point of my self-will is to kill myself with my own hands."

"But you won't be the only one to kill yourself; there are lots of suicides."

"With good cause. But to do it without any cause at all, simply for self-will, I am the only one."
The Devils by Fyodor Dostoesvky.
RE: Unfortunately the atheists will have to kill themselves to prove the point
Bored now.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Jerkoff
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett
Dying to live, living to die.
Is this a DOS attack? I'm feeling a bit denied at the moment.

Or the DOS operating system? A blast from the past to be sure.
(December 11, 2013 at 3:17 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: Is this a DOS attack? I'm feeling a bit denied at the moment.

Or the DOS operating system? A blast from the past to be sure.

The operating system had a purpose and could be understood.
“When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, There's just something about you that pisses me off.”

― Stephen King
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
[Image: apqmV7D_460sa.gif]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

[Image: VHlPuJN.gif]
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
[Image: funny-gif-black-guy-reaction.gif]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1190 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1746 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
Question How do you prove to everybody including yourself you're an atheist? Walter99 48 5604 March 23, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2871 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Does Atheists have acceptability ? hindu 40 4615 July 18, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Your point of living? joe90 82 10778 May 9, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4228 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Ok Atheists! I have God Delusion! Catholic_Lady 54 9788 April 14, 2018 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheists who have never read common atheist literature ComradeMeow 68 9851 March 2, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Cephus