Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk About My Best Friend MaryJane
Smile 
Let's Talk About My Best Friend MaryJane
Alright so I've tried to Google search this shit, but is anyone aware of when/if recreational marijuana use will be legal in the state of Illinois? Because I'm getting tired of hiding this shit, you know?

I dream of a day when I can walk into a gas station and buy my pre-rolled blunts and walk out a happy lady.

What are your thoughts on marijuana and why it should or should not be legalized?
RE: Let's Talk About My Best Friend MaryJane
If alcohol and cigarettes are legal, marijuana should be.
If weed were legal and free, and I found a bale of it in the street, I wouldn't touch it.

But I've got some friends I'd inform in a big, big hurry.

Weed should be legal, along with cocaine, heroin, PCP, LSD, etc etc. What you put into your body should be your own bloody business, no one else's.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 24, 2014 at 7:29 pm)lezbehonest Wrote: What are your thoughts on marijuana and why it should or should not be legalized?
I live in a state where I can grow dozens of medicinal plants several times per year. Despite how I dread the thought of legalized cannabis (due to potential government tampering), I do apply the hope that it is at least, one day, completely decriminalized in the US.

This thread has reminded me that it is now time to Bong
(July 24, 2014 at 7:30 pm)Napoléon Wrote: If alcohol and cigarettes are legal, marijuana should be.

Although I favor legalization I find this argument unconvincing. Alcohol is cigarettes are the most abused drugs in our society and the two legal ones. It seems more of an argument for illegalizing those two. Everytime someone talks about the evil side of alcohol or ciggerettes it makes me think that they are bad, not that Marijuana is good by comparison.

I think the strongest argument is that we shouldn't as a society regulate adult behavior, and also that the drug war has caused tremendous harm.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(July 24, 2014 at 7:44 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Although I favor legalization I find this argument unconvincing. Alcohol is cigarettes are the most abused drugs in our society and the two legal ones. It seems more of an argument for illegalizing those two. Everytime someone talks about the evil side of alcohol or ciggerettes it makes me think that they are bad, not that Marijuana is good by comparison.

That's the point. It's not an argument, I could make plenty more convincing arguments, what I'm doing is highlighting the hypocrisy that the laws currently display.
(July 24, 2014 at 7:47 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(July 24, 2014 at 7:44 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Although I favor legalization I find this argument unconvincing. Alcohol is cigarettes are the most abused drugs in our society and the two legal ones. It seems more of an argument for illegalizing those two. Everytime someone talks about the evil side of alcohol or ciggerettes it makes me think that they are bad, not that Marijuana is good by comparison.

That's the point. It's not an argument, I could make plenty more convincing arguments, what I'm doing is highlighting the hypocrisy that the laws currently display.

Mind you this is strictly devil's advocate type stuff, but couldn't it be argued that they are the most abused drugs because they are legal?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(July 24, 2014 at 7:29 pm)lezbehonest Wrote: Alright so I've tried to Google search this shit, but is anyone aware of when/if recreational marijuana use will be legal in the state of Illinois? Because I'm getting tired of hiding this shit, you know?

I dream of a day when I can walk into a gas station and buy my pre-rolled blunts and walk out a happy lady.

What are your thoughts on marijuana and why it should or should not be legalized?

Just move on out here to the Mile High city. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 24, 2014 at 7:50 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Mind you this is strictly devil's advocate type stuff, but couldn't it be argued that they are the most abused drugs because they are legal?

Exactly? I bet more people die from all the issues that arise from alcohol and smoking than from most other drugs. Lung cancer, liver failure, jumping in front of cars because you're pissed. You're always hearing about this. Is it because these drugs are any worse than others? Or is it because they are more easily accessible?

Personally I don't care.

The critical issue in this is personal liberty, I acknowledge the health hazards associated with taking any kind of drug, but it's your choice what you do with your body IMHO.
(July 24, 2014 at 7:50 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Mind you this is strictly devil's advocate type stuff, but couldn't it be argued that they are the most abused drugs because they are legal?
Both Alcohol and cigarettes are highly toxic and addictive. Cannabis is not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When you need a friend onlinebiker 0 148 August 18, 2021 at 7:38 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Health care people and first responders - let us know how you are. arewethereyet 22 1860 April 26, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Let The Wookiee Rest In Peace.... Brian37 9 795 May 4, 2019 at 1:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Too stupid to let loose Mr.Obvious 5 886 October 27, 2018 at 5:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let's See The Pee-Pee Tape, Guys Minimalist 2 760 August 10, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  So After All That Tough Talk And Excuse Making Amarok 22 3215 July 9, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Wow. Talk About Being Fucked Up Minimalist 8 763 March 25, 2018 at 6:33 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Let's Arm The Homeless! Minimalist 24 1697 March 16, 2018 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Let's Arm The Teachers Minimalist 11 1568 March 15, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  My Redneck/Oklahoma friend would APPROVE... Brian37 3 398 November 15, 2017 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: vorlon13