Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Arm The Teachers
Let's Arm The Teachers
Great fucking idea.

http://www.ksbw.com/article/seaside-high...s/19426017

Quote:Seaside High teacher accidentally fires gun in class, students injured

Quote:A teacher who also serves as a reserve police officer accidentally fired a gun inside a Seaside High School classroom Tuesday, police said, and three students were injured.

Quote:The teacher had just told the class that he wanted to make sure his gun wasn't loaded, when the gun fired, according to Gonzales.

Looks like it was, dumbass.  Which goes to show that teachers are no more immune to assholery around guns than any other gun nut yahoo.
RE: Let's Arm The Teachers
I don't have a source for this, but I understand that some years ago, a US schoolteacher left her handgun in the ladies, one of the kids found it.  Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Teachers have enough to do as it is.  They don't need to be security personnel on top of everything else.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
After hearing the "arm the teachers" argument, my 6th grader opined that fewer people would want to be teachers.

-Teresa
(March 14, 2018 at 7:35 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: After hearing the "arm the teachers" argument, my 6th grader opined that fewer people would want to be teachers.

-Teresa

Your 6th grader is smarter than the President of the US. Now, if that isn't damning with faint praise, I don't understand the concept. Big Grin
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 14, 2018 at 7:35 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: After hearing the "arm the teachers" argument, my 6th grader opined that fewer people would want to be teachers.

-Teresa

This is another dodge to avoid our flooded market and ease of access issue.

Ok, fine, say we stop all shootings on school property. GREAT, awesome. How about movie theaters, restaurants,  even military bases, mass shootings have happened there even with armed security. 

The NRA is a one trick pony, "arm everyone".

-Teresa

Out of the mouths of babes........
He's a cop?

I thought they were supposed to make sure guns weren't loaded by pointing them at non whites and pulling the trigger repeatedly?
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 14, 2018 at 7:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Great fucking idea.

http://www.ksbw.com/article/seaside-high...s/19426017

Quote:Seaside High teacher accidentally fires gun in class, students injured

Quote:A teacher who also serves as a reserve police officer accidentally fired a gun inside a Seaside High School classroom Tuesday, police said, and three students were injured.

Quote:The teacher had just told the class that he wanted to make sure his gun wasn't loaded, when the gun fired, according to Gonzales.

Looks like it was, dumbass.  Which goes to show that teachers are no more immune to assholery around guns than any other gun nut yahoo.

I think our regulars here know my late mother was a career teacher and a mostly voting republican her entire life, but even she thought the idea of arming teachers was bat shit insane.
The only reason people want to arm us is so they can make us an easy scapegoat when we don't bravely risk our lives and get ourselves killed trying to take down an armed gunmen.

"That teacher was a COWARD!" you'll hear them say when an armed teacher opts to stay in the classroom with their students, rather than venture outside with their gun. "If it'd been me, I'd have went out there and took them down even if I wasn't armed." Trump's already practically saying it in response to the school resource officer not going in.

This is a bad idea for so many reasons. Accidents are far more likely to happen. Students can get hold of guns. Guns + More Guns =/= Safer. Bad People - Guns = Safer. I'm not a math teacher, but even I know that simple equation.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(March 14, 2018 at 11:22 pm)Cecelia Wrote: The only reason people want to arm us is so they can make us an easy scapegoat when we don't bravely risk our lives and get ourselves killed trying to take down an armed gunmen.

"That teacher was a COWARD!" you'll hear them say when an armed teacher opts to stay in the classroom with their students, rather than venture outside with their gun.  "If it'd been me, I'd have went out there and took them down even if I wasn't armed."  Trump's already practically saying it in response to the school resource officer not going in.

This is a bad idea for so many reasons.  Accidents are far more likely to happen.  Students can get hold of guns.  Guns + More Guns =/= Safer.  Bad People - Guns = Safer.  I'm not a math teacher, but even I know that simple equation.

The worst part of their argument is they always shout "Just keep them out of the wrong hands". Then when we agree with them they shout "NO!".

It proves to me that that side has no interest in reducing firearm injury and death, and everything about protecting their own insecurity, narcissism and a mere object.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KelTech to Help Arm Ukranians onlinebiker 9 620 March 23, 2022 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Health care people and first responders - let us know how you are. arewethereyet 22 1896 April 26, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Let The Wookiee Rest In Peace.... Brian37 9 814 May 4, 2019 at 1:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  We need to arm more dicks. Brian37 13 1242 November 29, 2018 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Too stupid to let loose Mr.Obvious 5 900 October 27, 2018 at 5:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let's See The Pee-Pee Tape, Guys Minimalist 2 764 August 10, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Let's Arm The Homeless! Minimalist 24 1712 March 16, 2018 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Florida House Panel votes to arm teachers; Give 1 time $500 bonus for 132 hour course Divinity 30 2275 March 2, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  West Virginia Teachers on Strike, still make sure hungry students are fed Cecelia 21 2320 February 28, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Donald Trump wants to arm teachers with guns possibletarian 251 21287 February 26, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball