Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astrology-loving MP seeks health answers in the stars
Astrology-loving MP seeks health answers in the stars
A UK Conservative MP has spoken of his belief in astrology and his desire to incorporate it into medicine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28464009

These people are in charge? I think we are all doomedDevil
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Astrology-loving MP seeks health answers in the stars
(July 25, 2014 at 10:42 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: A UK Conservative MP has spoken of his belief in astrology and his desire to incorporate it into medicine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28464009

These people are in charge? I think we are all doomedDevil

Isn't Prince Charles a pretty big woo-fan as well?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
What a tit..
Intelligence in homeopathic quantities!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(July 25, 2014 at 10:47 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Isn't Prince Charles a pretty big woo-fan as well?

Yes, he is a big fan of homeopathy, as well as talking to plants. Thanks to our intrusive press over here, we also know that he fantasizes about being reborn as a tampon. This is someone I'm meant to bow to if I meet. This will not be happening.

As to the MP - wanker. I'm fed up with these politicians with no fucking clue about reality.
Quote:"There is no logic in attacking something that has a proven track record," he told BBC News.

What has that got to do with fucking astrology?
Probably the same people who want to incorporate prayer in medicine in detriment of real healthcare. I think this kind of research shouldn't be State founded. And I think letting your kids die because you prefer prayer instead of real medicine should be illegal. Same goes for not allowing blood transfusions.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I'm sure Britain won't have any better luck than Reagan did with his court astrologer, Joan Quigley.

Still boggles my mind the Religious Right did not stroke out over the Reagans consorting with an actual witch . .

I guess as long as Joan wasn't able to divine the nuclear launch codes from goat entrails it was all OK.

Devil
But I talk to my plants all the time!

"Grow you bastards or you're compost" seems to work really well, or not.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(July 25, 2014 at 11:44 am)FreeTony Wrote: Yes, he is a big fan of homeopathy, as well as talking to plants. Thanks to our intrusive press over here, we also know that he fantasizes about being reborn as a tampon. This is someone I'm meant to bow to if I meet. This will not be happening.

The only regard I have for Charlie is that he is a Goons fan and was a close personal friend of Spike, Sellers and Seagoon. That plus he shares my sister's birthday. Beyond that, I cannot stand the man.

As to the MP (which in this case means Mental Patient, even for a Tory): I'm reminded of an old Peanuts storyline, which I'm sure I've mentioned before. Charlie Brown was helping Linus get elected as class president and they were doing so well in the polls, it was practically a shoe-in. Then the candidates had to give one last speech before the vote and Linus decided to share his belief in the Great Pumpkin. The only real difference is that Linus blew the election and never got nominated again. This idiot will probably get a peerage.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health care people and first responders - let us know how you are. arewethereyet 22 1876 April 26, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  One Trump Loving Confederate Asshole Goes Down In Flames Minimalist 25 2988 November 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Yeah...Murrican Health Care is Fucking Marvelous Minimalist 9 1121 August 28, 2018 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Pawn Stars "Old Man", dead at 77 Foxaèr 16 1088 June 28, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Barbara Bush in failing health. Only recieving comfort care now. c172 14 2290 April 17, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  This Sounds Like The WLB on Health Care Minimalist 0 503 September 4, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Latest Republicunt Health Care Travesty Minimalist 38 9185 July 24, 2017 at 2:02 pm
  US health care system rated the worst Foxaèr 0 767 July 15, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The CBO Analysis of the Republicunts' WeDon'tCare health bill. Minimalist 13 3792 May 26, 2017 at 2:07 pm
  Apparently War Is Too Important to Leave to Reality TV Stars Minimalist 3 883 February 28, 2017 at 4:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4