Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to change sexual orientation?
Is it possible to change sexual orientation?
We all know that neither being gay nor being straight are choices. My doubt is, can someone change their sexual orientation? Is it possible, from a biological/psychological point of view, for someone who is naturally gay to become straight and vice versa?

I have a colleague who claims to the present day that he chose to be gay, he says he was straight for a few years and decided to start liking the same sex, resulting in a lost of attraction for the opposite sex. I still wonder if this is true or merely a joke.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Is it possible to change sexual orientation?
We answered this for you: yes, but they're not going to like it.

Yes. Possible. Fun and worth doing? No, not really.

Whatever get's him to sleep at night.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Sounds like your buddy is bisexual.

Possible to change orientation? I would say yes. Psychologically? I think they are already convinced of their orientation that they assert is opposite to what resides beneath their waist.

Physiologically? Surgery is the answer.

Besides a couple talk shows and documentaries, don't know too much on the subject but that is what I suspect.
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
Well, there's one example of a straight man becoming gay after having a stroke. Of course, nobody knows exactly:
  • What part of the brain was involved in the change.
  • How to make it happen intentionally.
  • If it can happen the other way, a gay man turning straight.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
As far as I know, the answer is no. It's an intrinsic part of anyone's makeup. If were were possible many gay men would have gone that route because of the social acceptance, marriage/kids, and legal issues. I think some religious groups have claimed some success but I think that's just propaganda.
After reading Diablos post, I believe I have misunderstood the post.Did you mean in terms of religious pressures on the "sinful?" (Gays and lesbians?) If so then no, I don't think the church could do such a thing. If they have, I believe the explanation is bisexual or an extreme case of will pour as seen in the famous Mormon couple where the man is gay but choses a heterosexual relationship. But even then, I am still going to assert bisexual.
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
I don't think I could be changed to liking men in that way. But sexuality is probably a complex issue with some people able to change and others not.
Why would you is more a pressing question, were all the pretty ladies in his town caught in a cheer leading bus crash disaster leaving the only non-uggos being men?
Was he finding that women were repelled by him but men attracted so thought "why not go with it"?
I guess we'll never know.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I suppose this leads on to situations where there aren't any women. Would fail the desert island test? Stranded with an attractive young guy, with no hope of rescue, would you have sex with him? Does that make you gay? The answers are probably yes and no. Let's face it, some men will screw anything with a pulse.....

Look what happens in jail. The weaker ones are forced to become passive sex partners to avoid violence or gang rape. Does that make either partner gay? No, they revert to being straight when they get released.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Potential, Possible, Maybe Medical Game-Changer BrianSoddingBoru4 0 270 March 21, 2022 at 4:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Cloning is safer - the perils of sexual DNA combination? Duty 21 1629 October 14, 2021 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  "How to Change Someone's Mind" Wash. Post. article drfuzzy 0 833 February 25, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Sex Change Fake Messiah 6 1887 December 12, 2015 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Is it possible to upload our minds into a computer or in engineered living tissue? Whateverist 37 6137 October 21, 2015 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  What would happen/Is it possible Heat 17 2787 October 20, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Sexual relationships in animals vs. humans Kayenneh 6 2959 March 29, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: *Deidre*
  The Dangerous Side of Evolutionary Change... Minimalist 16 5253 January 29, 2014 at 12:54 am
Last Post: Darkstar
  Nicotine has an antagonistic effect on dopamine D2 triggered sexual arousal? Ksa 6 3231 January 7, 2014 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ksa
  A change in evolution theory we come from sponges? Gooders1002 5 2115 December 13, 2013 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Justtristo