Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible anti-missile system in our town
Possible anti-missile system in our town
I saw this on the news tonight. Had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I live right-next-door to the arsenal. So close, my kids walk over to the wire fencing to watch the deer. Not liking this at all.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/por.../13651911/
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
RE: Possible anti-missile system in our town
Who do they think is going to shoot at you?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
...Russians?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(August 6, 2014 at 1:59 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Who do they think is going to shoot at you?

With any luck at all, it'll be Hamas who, if the current conflict is any indication, couldn't hit the long side of a supertanker with an Uzi.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'd hate that. Not going to help property values either.
You didn't hear? Kentucky is placing a trebuchet on the deck of their ark.
Is it worth worrying about at all? If it is an anti missile system it poses no risk to the town. It's just going to sit there.. doing nothing.
(August 6, 2014 at 8:35 am)Cato Wrote: You didn't hear? Kentucky is placing a trebuchet on the deck of their ark.

What are they going to shoot? Effigy of copulating giraffe couples?
Meh... I've lived in a high value target area for most of my life and no one has nuked us yet.

Property values are probably not going to suffer unless the launchers are literally in sight of your yard. They might even increase a little based on new decent paying jobs coming to the area.

As far as threats go the one I would be most worried about is North Korea if they can manage to build a nuke weighing less than a ton. They would be more of a threat to the western part of the the US than Ohio though, and not a major threat to anyone.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(August 6, 2014 at 10:04 am)Chuck Wrote:
(August 6, 2014 at 8:35 am)Cato Wrote: You didn't hear? Kentucky is placing a trebuchet on the deck of their ark.

What are they going to shoot? Effigy of copulating giraffe couples?

That's probably why the unicorns didn't make it.....Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Is a limited nuclear exchange possible? Angrboda 20 1189 April 21, 2022 at 10:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  U.S. reviews 9/11 documents for possible release WinterHold 59 3290 August 15, 2021 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2760 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anti-viral clothing on the rise Foxaèr 1 239 August 20, 2020 at 7:53 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  ‘God made our immune systems perfect and healthy’ — Anti-vaxxers in NJ Fake Messiah 13 1193 January 20, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A Question for Anti- vaxxers BrokenQuill92 11 1042 June 26, 2019 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: no one
  This Is What Happens When You Put An Idiot In Charge of a Complex System Minimalist 132 12258 December 6, 2018 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Social Credit System Seraphina 15 939 October 11, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How (possible) Political Censorship Hides our Quirkiness Neo-Scholastic 1 263 October 10, 2018 at 10:38 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Possible cat 4 to hit my area Thurs. Brian37 136 10978 September 23, 2018 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Joods