Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islamic Creation Mythology Destroyed by Basic Physics
Islamic Creation Mythology Destroyed by Basic Physics
NOTE:

This post is directed toward Sunni Muslims, who make up the vast majority of Muslims all over the world. No sunni muslim can argue against a Sahih Hadith that is verified by both Bukhari's Sahih & Muslim's Sahih.

If you are one of this extremely small group called "Quranists" Then I direct you to this page : http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an_Only_Is...t_Possible

Muhammad loved telling "historical" stories to his followers to keep them entertained. He usually focused on glorifying ancient people, exaggerating in their size and strength. I can understand his point, as his stories about giant and strong men who lived in the past gave a thrill to his followers. A thrill very similar to the one an 11 year old boy gets when he watches Transformers.

However, the laws of physics have no mercy, and do not tolerate bullshit. Let's take a look at this heavenly scripture from our dear prophet Muhammad

( Source: Sahih al Bukhari, Hadith No. 3148 )

Allah created Adam with a length of 60 arms, And since then humans have been diminishing in size until they reached the current size. However, when Muslims are resurrected and sent to paradise, they will have the same size as adam.

An arm is a unit of measurement used back at the times of Muhammad, an arm meant half a meter, so 60 arms mean 30 meters.

So basically, "Prophet Muhammad" believes in his own form of evolution. He believes that Adam, the first human, was 30 meters long. After Adam, the next generations slowly diminished in size until the time of Muhammad.

Let's forget about the fact that there are no fossils that back up this stupid idea and go to the next point.

From the perspective of a relatively ignorant desert-dwelling pedophile, the idea of giants existing seems feasible. His knowledge of physics does not exceed that of a modern kindergarten child, and he would therefore have no idea that a human giant is physically impossible.

Muhammad's ignorance of Galelio's Square-Cube Law, a mathematical principle, applied in a variety of scientific fields, which describes the relationship between the volume and the area as a shape's size increases or decreases, caused him to commit a fatal error in this hadith.

According to this law, when an object is scaled up, its mass is increased by the cube of the multiplier while its surface area only increases by the square of said multiplier. The strain that will be exerted on Adam's skeleton at that huge size will be strong enough to make it collapse.

Our dear father Adam would have broken his thighs every time he takes a step. His skeleton will not be able to carry his weight, and his cardiovascular and respiratory functions will be severely burdened.

This means that not only Adam, but also all of his grandchildren who eventually got smaller until the human who was small enough not to collapse, are not possible.

"Prophet" Muhammad should have read an Allometry book before spewing out this bullcrap.

Here are some links, quotes, and videos that will help explain to your inferior minds why human giants are impossible :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube...omechanics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allometry

http://dinosaurtheory.com/scaling.html

http://galileoandeinstein.physics.virgin...aling.html

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/0...36499.html

Quote:As was elucidated by J. B. S. Haldane, large animals do not look like small animals: an elephant cannot be mistaken for a mouse scaled up in size. This is due to allometric scaling: the bones of an elephant are necessarily proportionately much larger than the bones of a mouse, because they must carry proportionately higher weight. To quote from Haldane's seminal essay On Being the Right Size, "...consider a man 60 feet high...Giant Pope and Giant Pagan in the illustrated Pilgrim's Progress.... These monsters...weighed 1000 times as much as Christian. Every square inch of a giant bone had to support 10 times the weight borne by a square inch of human bone. As the human thigh-bone breaks under about 10 times the human weight, Pope and Pagan would have broken their thighs every time they took a step." Consequently, most animals show allometric scaling with increased size, both among species and within a species.

James Edward Gordon : Structures : Or Why Things Don't Fall Down ( Book)

YouTube videos that explain this in a cool way :

Small is Mighty : the Square-Cube Law By :MITK12Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoM17ikreio

Why No Giant Mammals? By : SciShow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHe1wmEaYWo

How Big Can a Person Get? By : vSauce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkzQxw16G9w
RE: Islamic Creation Mythology Destroyed by Basic Physics
We don't have many muslims here so I wouldn't expect an answer. But good post though, good effort.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
The Koran is full of shit. "Clear water and salty water don't mix"?

It's not like other holy books aren't, by the way
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
People often make the mistake of assiming Muslims are a good religion.. It is no better than christianity.. .do you think the grey aliens believe in àllah or jesus... No, they are scientific atheists
(August 14, 2014 at 4:59 pm)thaddeus Wrote: People often make the mistake of assiming Muslims are a good religion.. It is no better than christianity..

That's true

(August 14, 2014 at 4:59 pm)thaddeus Wrote: .do you think the grey aliens believe in àllah or jesus... No, they are scientific atheists

Huh... What?
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
1. Islam isn't alone - ALL creation mythologies are destroyed by basic physics.

2. There are indeed giant mammals - the blue whale is bigger than the largest dino that ever lived.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 15, 2014 at 7:12 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 2. There are indeed giant mammals - the blue whale is bigger than the largest dino that ever lived.

Boru

Not by much. And blue whales don't need to support their own weight with their own skeletal musculature.
(August 14, 2014 at 4:59 pm)thaddeus Wrote: People often make the mistake of assiming Muslims are a good religion.. It is no better than christianity.. .do you think the grey aliens believe in àllah or jesus... No, they are scientific atheists

I don't believe in aliens, so...
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
But they believe in you anyway Polaris....they...... believe in you. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 14, 2014 at 4:59 pm)thaddeus Wrote: do you think the grey aliens believe in àllah or jesus... No, they are scientific atheists

Be fair - you can't possibly know that. Aliens (if such exist) may very well be subject to the same foibles and false notions as human beings.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal? FlatAssembler 10 976 August 12, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Rainbow Invite the people of the world to attack the Islamic religion Eclectic 9 1261 December 14, 2022 at 11:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why "Jihad" martyrdom is important in Islamic faith? AniKoferBo 13 1414 January 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Islamic prophet's foreknowledge of the Terfeziaceae's health benefits R00tKiT 29 2673 July 4, 2021 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  When was Sunni Islamic hadiths first translated to English Sweden83 1 578 December 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 5902 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7785 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Females are less intelligent than men according to authentic Sunni islamic hadith Binki21 9 1318 November 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 3021 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Islamic apologetic i recommend Inrid 9 1764 October 20, 2018 at 7:41 am
Last Post: LastPoet