Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out this atheist rap artist.
Check out this atheist rap artist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMEyyPRa-lQ
RE: Check out this atheist rap artist.
So the guy who says

(August 16, 2014 at 9:44 am)Brian37 Wrote: Fuck labels...

is advertising someone who has labeled themselves as "Atheist"?
It sounds like the mix is messed up - the music is too loud and the voice is too low, though it gets better as it goes.

It would help if they put the lyrics in the video.

Otherwise, from what I can hear it sounds kind of cool...
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(August 25, 2014 at 10:49 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Bad. Not as in "you bad, mofo." Just terrible music, and worse rap. Given that the music sounds like a bad rip-off of the Tomb Raider movie soundtrack, I'm assuming this guy is about 35 years old and white. If not, he should be embarrassed to be black.
It was about the content and even he said that. I am sure with better studio production in a professional setting he could tweak it better.

(August 25, 2014 at 1:20 pm)Endo Wrote: So the guy who says

(August 16, 2014 at 9:44 am)Brian37 Wrote: Fuck labels...

is advertising someone who has labeled themselves as "Atheist"?

Yet another person taking that out of context.

People use labels, DUH. Under no illusion that that will stop. But "fuck labels" is in context of how humans make that a priority instead of what we have in common.

If someone is going to say "I am a Christian" or "Muslim" those denote the "on" position on the claim of a god. I hold the "off" position on god claims which is denoted by the label "atheist". Nowhere will you find me ever say that because I do not share the same label, that we are a separate species. We are still the same species.
GZA isn't a "christian rapper" or an "atheist rapper" but he has a pretty bad ass song about the Bible. It's an honest evaluation of biblical principals, warts and all.
god is supposed to be imaginary
Yeah, it sounds like this guy is prioritizing his "Atheism" pretty thoroughly though. The title specifies that this is "Original Atheism Rap", which implies that he's making a pretty big deal about it.

So, why are you advertising this guy when you could be promoting Humanism to Christians, because, you know, we have that in common with them.
He's sharing a song with us that he likes the lyrics to. Jesus christ.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
The lyrics were too soft in the beginning of the track. Had trouble hearing what he was saying, but I could just be getting old. The snares drown out the bass line. Nothing some Reason and Redrum couldn't polish up. Was this a a first cut or something? It sounds like they clean it up towards the end.
(August 25, 2014 at 11:40 pm)Losty Wrote: He's sharing a song with us that he likes the lyrics to. Jesus christ.

Seriously!

Brian, I really hope this guy gets a better sound guy. Sounds like he's passionate, and from what I can hear, some of his lyrics are spot-on.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name me an artist you wish you'd never heard of. onlinebiker 21 1912 May 1, 2020 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Name me an artist who didn't get the fame Brian37 50 3205 May 1, 2020 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Top Jazz artist I love.. Brian37 8 878 December 9, 2018 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Way to fact-check, Osteen Cyberman 16 3058 May 28, 2016 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Mothonis
  Rap Aegon 14 1657 February 27, 2016 at 12:16 am
Last Post: scoobysnack
  For those into Hip Hop / Rap Brian37 18 4094 January 27, 2016 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Eseka
  Compliments Rap Battle Napoléon 0 753 February 28, 2015 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  listen to rap stonedape 11 2640 August 30, 2014 at 4:06 am