Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unarmed Marlon Horton Shooting by police.
Video 
Unarmed Marlon Horton Shooting by police.
In a confrontation eerily similar to the Michael Brown shooting, (Except the cop is black too!) an unarmed man is shot as he rushes an armed policemen.
What is the forum opinion of this?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=514_1409506619

[video=dailymotion]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=514_1409506619[/video]
{can you see the video??}

This does of course raise several interesting questions..
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Unarmed Marlon Horton Shooting by police.
Link?
My opinion is that anyone who charges a cop is asking to be shot.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:{can you see the video??}

By copying and pasting into a new browser window, yes.

Um....the "cop" ( I guess) is not in uniform which right off the bat is a significant difference from the Brown shooting.

Also, who was the 3d guy? He had a gun too. Was he also a "cop?"

Again what we see in terms of similarity is that the guy without the gun ends up dead because the guy with the gun seems - or at least claims - to feel that he was threatened.

Anyway...not much of a "charge."
(August 31, 2014 at 5:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:{can you see the video??}

By copying and pasting into a new browser window, yes.

Um....the "cop" ( I guess) is not in uniform which right off the bat is a significant difference from the Brown shooting.

Also, who was the 3d guy? He had a gun too. Was he also a "cop?"

Again what we see in terms of similarity is that the guy without the gun ends up dead because the guy with the gun seems - or at least claims - to feel that he was threatened.

Anyway...not much of a "charge."

That "guy" was a woman security officer. They both identified themselves as cops according to the stories I've read so far, so I don't think the uniform has anything to do with it.

My big question is why do so many men in the US think it is reasonable to try and force violence on armed policemen? They both had a deathwish and seemed to think they wouldn't be shot while trying to menace a cop in a shooting stance. Where are they getting this stupidity? Should we really be wasting our anger at the cops when there is so much clear provocation?

Found a Youtube version. How is the best way to show a liveleak version?

Still disgusting. Completely disgusting. I must have missed the charging?? And how do we know these people are police officers?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 31, 2014 at 6:19 pm)Losty Wrote: Still disgusting. Completely disgusting. I must have missed the charging?? And how do we know these people are police officers?

The "charge" in this case is a slow advance and then one quick step.

Quote:Authorities said the officer, working as a security guard, came to help a female security guard remove a sleeping Marlon Horton from the lobby of the building.

Horton left, but the guards argued with him when they saw him urinating on a truck outside, Fraternal Order of Police spokesman Pat Camden said at the time. The man allegedly knocked over the officer twice, and ripped several braids out of the other security guard’s hair, he said.

When it appeared Horton could get the security guard’s weapon, the off-duty officer drew his weapon, stating several times that he was a police officer and the man was under arrest, Camden said.

After the man failed to yield, the officer shot him once in the chest, Camden said.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/09/24/l...-building/
Completely disgusting. No ones life was at risk accept the idiot who got shot. Yes he was an idiot, no he did not deserve to die. A taser would have done a fine job, or automatically arresting him for public urination instead of standing around arguing would have made sense.

A slow advance and then one quick step is not a charge and not a reason to kill someone. Having competent police officers with more common sense and respect for the lives of others would be really nice.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Quote:The "charge" in this case is a slow advance and then one quick step.

After the man had already attacked the other security person and refused to yield, even AFTER being told he was under arrest. I'm no huge fan of people with badges and guns, but the bloke who got shot seems to have done everything wrong.

When a cop has his weapon pointed at you and tells you to stop or halt or drop to the ground, the sensible thing is to do it. I'm sorry the man got shot, but it was almost as if he wanted to be shot.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Funny. I didn't hear any audio track at all. This seems to be another example of what one judge recently called " We said. He's dead."
So the man is dead for pissing on a truck? I guess you think that is a capital crime?

Take a few moments to study this video tape. Answer honestly what you think would have happened if it was a black guy holding the gun.

Honestly, now.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/31...tail=email

As the follow-up story notes:

Quote:Joseph Houseman, 63, was eventually persuaded to hand over the gun, which was returned to him the next day. Police considered but ultimately decided against seeking a misdemeanor charge of brandishing a firearm.

Do you think that would have happened either?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 666 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 27078 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 12670 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 6110 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 294 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5867 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Defunding Police not working out. onlinebiker 51 2601 October 1, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2808 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 18348 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 997 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4