Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hate the work world
hate the work world
for last year i was on disability for my mental illness but i wanted to try working again so i went for a CNA program and got a part time job at local hospital but its so awful getting yelled at and talked down to all the time by the nurses I just hate how work and stuff works all my life im always getting yelled at and put down and i know atheists and christians are both going to say "oh you need to grow some balls/have more faith" but no one understands how hard I try and now I feel like I am better off just taking my meds with vodka.
RE: hate the work world
I would say just try to find a hobby that you enjoy, and will keep you busy, instead of working for other people. I work better by myself as well.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(September 8, 2014 at 3:16 pm)Jextin Wrote: for last year i was on disability for my mental illness but i wanted to try working again so i went for a CNA program and got a part time job at local hospital but its so awful getting yelled at and talked down to all the time by the nurses I just hate how work and stuff works all my life im always getting yelled at and put down and i know atheists and christians are both going to say "oh you need to grow some balls/have more faith" but no one understands how hard I try and now I feel like I am better off just taking my meds with vodka.

Have you sat down and talked to your supervisor about it?

Do so and let them know how you feel. It will not only get your point made but will also, possibly, sort out the abuse and, if necessary, work out ways you can improve your own work habits.
Dying to live, living to die.
Also, coming from someone with depression. No do not suck it up. Get angry at them and stand up for yourself. Sometimes people need to learn to treat others...god forbid like humans. I say either quit or go to HR.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
(September 8, 2014 at 3:16 pm)Jextin Wrote: I feel like I am better off just taking my meds with vodka.
This seems an unwise course of action to take Thinking

Please be careful.
It's unfortunate that you're being treated so poorly by the nurses.

Hurt people end up doing the same thing and hurt people as well. It's likely that the nurses are experiencing the same type of abuse you are, but from doctors and hospital administrators. It doesn't excuse how they treat you but it does put the origin of the attitudes into perspective.

Have you considered another shift? Such as a night/early morning shift? I used to have issues with administration/supervising staff who were on the M-F 9-5 shifts and are there to just nitpick and make people miserable so I switched to a night shift and it was a lot more laid back and people that prefer to work nights are often just there to work and not interact much. If you already are on a night shift, have you considered a morning/day shift? Perhaps the personalities will be different and you won't clash so much. Just a thought.

*hugs* regardless.
"Yes, I am a Free Lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please, and with that right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere. And I have the further right to demand a free and unrestricted exercise of that right, and it is your duty not only to accord it, but as a community, to see I am protected in it. I trust that I am fully understood, for I mean just that, and nothing else."
— Victoria Woodhull, “And the truth shall make you free,” a speech on the principles of social freedom, 1871
One good thing about being a CNA is that, given the nature of the work and the high turnover associated with it, there is always a position open somewhere. If you can't resolve your current situation satisfactorily, you will have some experience you can cite on your next job application.
(September 8, 2014 at 3:30 pm)Keri Wrote: It's unfortunate that you're being treated so poorly by the nurses.

Hurt people end up doing the same thing and hurt people as well. It's likely that the nurses are experiencing the same type of abuse you are, but from doctors and hospital administrators. It doesn't excuse how they treat you but it does put the origin of the attitudes into perspective.

Have you considered another shift? Such as a night/early morning shift? I used to have issues with administration/supervising staff who were on the M-F 9-5 shifts and are there to just nitpick and make people miserable so I switched to a night shift and it was a lot more laid back and people that prefer to work nights are often just there to work and not interact much. If you already are on a night shift, have you considered a morning/day shift? Perhaps the personalities will be different and you won't clash so much. Just a thought.

*hugs* regardless.

At work I've seen doctors who do treat nurses like their own personal errand runners/slaves and treat some terribly. I always tell them to treat them better since it's the nurses who do a lot of the work doctors don't want to do for themselves and don't always get the credit they deserve.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 4796 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1115 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 6960 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3266 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1465 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2506 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5090 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Atheist hate having to constantly repeat this.... Brian37 33 6621 October 16, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  I Hate Presup Amarok 4 2117 February 10, 2017 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
Video The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work Mental Outlaw 1346 244699 July 2, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink