Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist hate having to constantly repeat this....
Atheist hate having to constantly repeat this....
"Atheist" is merely the position of "off" on claims of super natural beings, NOTHING ELSE!

Here is the list of things theists need to get through their heads.

1. We are not a gang.

2. We are not a political party.

3. We are not an economic ideology.

4. WE ARE NOT A RELIGION.

5. We DON'T worship either sky heros or ground trolls, NEITHER EXIST.

6. We don't hate human rights, we do get annoyed by bad use of logic.

NOW, here is what we are,

DIVERSE!

Atheists do vote republican and libertarian, not me personally, but I meet them all the time. There atheists also whom worship firearms on par with theists. There are theists who value the "fuck you I got mine" economics of Ayn Rand. There are others whom value Che, the revolutionary dickhead whom lead to Castro's Cuba. I don't like either economic view.

Atheists come in all classes, we come from all educational levels, we have left every religion you can think of worldwide. We exist in every skin tone and nationality. 

The only thing we have in common is "off" on claims of super natural god/s. Outside that if you want to know what an individual atheist thinks on issues of politics, religion or economic views, ASK THE INDIVIDUAL.

We really do get tired of bullshit blanket assumptions so when you debate us treat us as INDIVIDUALS.
RE: Atheist hate having to constantly repeat this....
. . . but we do eat babies . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 13, 2017 at 10:43 am)vorlon13 Wrote: . . . but we do eat babies . . .

You SICKO! I am having your atheist card officially revoked. KITTENS DAMN IT, barbecue kittens.
And atheism is not a dogmatic position. It is not a positive claim.

Rational atheists will change their mind on any issue, including god(s), IF, and only IF, there is good evidence to do so.

Will also add that their are irrational atheists too; The UK is full of people who aren't religious or believers, but have never considered why, they just don't care for a plethora of reasons.
(October 13, 2017 at 11:01 am)JackRussell Wrote: And atheism is not a dogmatic position. It is not a positive claim.

Rational atheists will change their mind on any issue, including god(s), IF, and only IF, there is good evidence to do so.

Will also add that their are irrational atheists too; The UK is full of people who aren't religious or believers, but have never considered why, they just don't care for a plethora of reasons.

Um, I cannot see myself ever going back to a god/deity belief at this moment in time in my LUCID state.

But yea, there are atheists I have run into in the past whom simply stop at "I don't believe", but don't do any reading on skeptics arguments or read about science. I'd call those atheists easy targets for slick apologists. 

Yea "atheist" merely means "off" and it also does not address education level either. 

I can tell you back when I went from "on" to "off", I didn't know a sliver of a fraction of what I do now. I really didn't know shit until I got online and saw the arguments of other atheists, and their recommendations of reading. 

But, having said that ON AVERAGE, the higher you get in a scientific field, say to the Hawking level, the Dawkins and Krauss level, the less religious and less superstitious those at the top are.
I totally agree, it would need a paradigm shift to show gods, not even sure how it could be done.

The thing I am happy to say about many things is that I don't know the answer, but I will try my best to find out and I know I can be wrong.

It's the theists certainty, without good evidence, that really confuses me. And, sadly, often dishonesty too... AiG comes to mind amongst others. Why lie?
You say we have only one thing in common, but you've listed six.
Those of us who own computers and interact with other atheists are not necessarily immune to peer pressure either.
I mean, I used to believe we had next to nothing in common also, but now I'm not so sure.
We're all individuals.

All together now....
I'm not.
I am, and so is my wife....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 5597 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 7297 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1555 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2622 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Having religious friends when you're atheist Bahana 15 2644 March 10, 2019 at 1:37 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  I Hate Presup Amarok 4 2149 February 10, 2017 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Insane atheists ranting and having emotional breakdowns Theismisgreat 100 11304 August 2, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Book suggestion: "God Hates You, Hate Him Back" drfuzzy 8 2836 June 28, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I hate Church and still feel obligated to go dragonman73 20 4429 May 2, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why I hate Right Wing Christians bussta33 31 6254 April 16, 2016 at 5:28 am
Last Post: GUBU