Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hate Presup
I Hate Presup
Every few emails I get moron who has caught the Sye Ten  bug and repeats his idiot arguments I'm sure you heard  them.

Quote:Could you be wrong about everything you know?

Yes and so could they no matter how much they say otherwise

Quote:Could god reveal things in a way that can be certain

No because they starts with baseless assertion god exists .And even if he did how could you be certain what he says is something you can be certain of without first trusting it.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: I Hate Presup
Yeah.

"We have all the answers so why bother with the questions?"
Dying to live, living to die.
I hate Presuppositionalism. It's like someone used logic to dig a hole, climb into it, and pull it shut behind them.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Do you yourself have conclusive reasons for rejecting pre sup or is your hatred held pre-suppositionally?

Nah, it just isn't something people should bring to the table of ideas when conversing with others. Sure we all have some beliefs which seem too basic to overturn given who we are. So what. Where that's the case one should simply recluse themselves from the discussion. If you have no points to make that are of a general enough nature that no one with out your basic beliefs would rightfully scoff, why bring them up? Of course, you could ask if everyone agrees for instance that "there is a reason for everything" or "nothing can come from nothing" or whatever it is that runs you. But if the answer is "no, I'm not convinced of that" then in the current group at least that belief is not relevant to the discussion. Your choices at that point are to find a different discussion topic within the group that all are interested to discuss, or go find a group within your own choir.
Presuppositionalists are all make-believe Pyrrhonists who try to baffle others with bullshit while they sneak their desert god through the back flap of the tent. I'd rather give hand jobs for spare change at the Greyhound station than waste my time arguing with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 5553 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 7267 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1546 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2544 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheist hate having to constantly repeat this.... Brian37 33 6739 October 16, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Book suggestion: "God Hates You, Hate Him Back" drfuzzy 8 2833 June 28, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I hate Church and still feel obligated to go dragonman73 20 4427 May 2, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why I hate Right Wing Christians bussta33 31 6253 April 16, 2016 at 5:28 am
Last Post: GUBU
  I'm beginning to hate religious people. Grissa Ost Drauka 86 42660 March 28, 2015 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Nope
  hate the work world Jextin 7 3575 September 8, 2014 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie