Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have to share this with someone
I have to share this with someone
A friend on Facebook posted a status about hating Christmas, and her friend responded by saying she loves Christmas but hates Santa. So instead she tells her son Jesus brings the presents and put them under the tree.

I've been laughing for 4 hours..
RE: I have to share this with someone
"So close and yet so far" award for 2014
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(September 17, 2014 at 1:45 pm)badlydrawngirl Wrote: A friend on Facebook posted a status about hating Christmas, and her friend responded by saying she loves Christmas but hates Santa. So instead she tells her son Jesus brings the presents and put them under the tree.

I've been laughing for 4 hours..

But then how, does Jesus deliver all those presents to the vast number of children throughout the world? And does Jesus REALLY eat the cookies and drink the milk we leave out? Doesn't he get tired of it, house after house?

And what if we have a fire burning in the fireplace? How will Jesus get down the chimney? Won't he get burned? And we have a screen over the top of the chimney and it's only 8" in diameter? How will Jesus fit? Slimfast?

Oh, let me guess....maaaaaaaggggggiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccc.
So if he was naughty that year, does he get a stocking full of hellfire?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Well if you're a Christian parent, why not say it's Jesus.. That way, you never had to reveal that Jesus isn't real and didn't bring them the presents.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
(September 17, 2014 at 1:55 pm)Godslayer Wrote: Well if you're a Christian parent, why not say it's Jesus.. That way, you never had to reveal that Jesus isn't real and didn't bring them the presents.

True - Jesus is the imaginary friend you don't have to give up when you are older.
Child abuse is nothing to laugh about Undecided
(September 17, 2014 at 1:55 pm)Godslayer Wrote: Well if you're a Christian parent, why not say it's Jesus.. That way, you never had to reveal that Jesus isn't real and didn't bring them the presents.

maybe it's a good idea, instead of growing to realize Santa isn't real he'll grow to realize Jesus isn't!
I wonder at what age Jesus stops bringing presents and it's just ol Mom&Dad on the "From:" tag?

How come Jesus don't bring me no presents no more ma? Jesus dont like me none?

Well, Timmy....
Baba nouel huwwa yesu'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1372 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4640 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  (Sensitivity required) Coming out to someone SlowCalculations 12 1710 October 27, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Can someone debunk this FPerson 162 32292 November 12, 2017 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  How can someone convert from Atheist to Religious Heat 65 9486 November 26, 2015 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I just had to share this gem of a site dyresand 0 857 June 15, 2015 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Thought id share this dyresand 16 4362 January 10, 2015 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Exian
  "Love is believing in someone. " Mudhammam 15 4261 December 7, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  id thought i would share this. dyresand 2 1171 November 14, 2014 at 5:01 pm
Exclamation Can someone explain this to me..? please... dyresand 3 1404 November 5, 2014 at 10:32 am