Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone debunk this
Can someone debunk this
Breathing, eating, walking, etc, are very natural human functions.  But most people do not think about how these basic actions take place.  For example, when you eat a fruit, you do not contemplate on how it will be made useful to your body.  The only thing on your mind is eating a satisfying meal; at the same time, your body is involved in extremely detailed processes unimaginable to you in order to make this meal a health-giving thing.

The digestive system where these detailed processes take place starts to function as soon as a piece of food is taken into the mouth.  Being involved in the system right at the outset, the saliva wets the food and helps it to be ground by the teeth and to slide down the esophagus.

The esophagus transports the food to the stomach where a perfect balance is at work.  Here, the hydrochloric acid present in the stomach digests the food.  This acid is so strong that it has the capacity to dissolve not only the food but also the stomach walls.  Of course, such a flaw is not permitted in this perfect system.  A secretion called mucus, which is secreted during digestion, covers all the walls of the stomach and provides a perfect protection against the destructive effect of the hydrochloric acid.  Thus the stomach is prevented from consuming itself.

The point that deserves attention here is that evolution can by no means explain the system briefly summarized above.  Evolution maintains that today’s complex organisms have evolved from primitive cellular forms by the gradual accumulation of small structural changes.  However, as stated clearly, the system in the stomach could in no way have been formed step by step.  The absence of even one factor would bring about the death of the organism.

When food is received into the stomach, the ability of the gastric juices to break down food is effectuated as a result of a series of chemical changes.  Now, imagine a living being in the so-called evolutionary process in whose body such a planned chemical transformation is not complete.  This living being, unable to develop this ability autonomously, would not be able to digest the food it ate and would starve to death with an undigested mass of food in its stomach.

In addition, during the secretion of this dissolving acid, the stomach walls simultaneously have to produce the secretion called mucus.  Otherwise, the acid in the stomach would destroy the stomach.  Therefore, in order for life to continue, the stomach must secrete both fluids (acid and mucus) at the same time.  This shows it was not a step-by-step coincidental evolution that must, in effect, have been at work, but rather a conscious creation with all its systems intact.

What all this shows is that the human body resembles a huge factory made up of many small machines that work together in perfect harmony.  Just as all factories have a designer, an engineer and a planner, the human body has an “Exalted Creator.”

- a comment i received on youtube.
RE: Can someone debunk this
Simple. One word: "resembles".
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
so stomach mucus confirms the god theory ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If the system is so perfect why do you breathe through the same tube you eat through? Also, stuff like heartburn, constipation, diahorrea and my other complications of the eating process are proof the system is nowhere near as perfect as yer mand advertises? Finally why the appendix?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I noticed this was just for humans. My cat wants a word with the OP.
"All factories have designers" begs the question, if a human being is pointed to meaningfully as a factory and this purported rule of factories leads us to the conclusion.

You could reformulate the claim to:

You have a designer, therefore you have a designer.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
No, no one can debunk it. See, evolution is a total mystery -  you can't even find stuff about it on the internet. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 1, 2017 at 9:30 am)FPerson Wrote: However, as stated clearly, the system in the stomach could in no way have been formed step by step.

- a comment i received on youtube.

Nothing was stated in any way to indicate that the human stomach and digestive system could not have naturally developed the way it did.

Plus, it's a youtube comment; lots of silly trolls there.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
So, does the Jesus biscuit transubstantiate itself in to stomach mucus if more is needed ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The sun also required extraordinary circumstances to exist...
BOTH gravity and protons. How come both of those came together at the same time and place?!

Oh my!! The sun was designed!!
The sun god did it!
All hail the sun!!

F'in idiot inability to understand complex systems as they are, let alone to understand how they may have come together...
Just goes to show how powerful a force of psychological abuse is childhood indoctrination.
Whoever that is, that person won't listen to any reason. After the stomach, he'll go to the eye, the hair, the whatever...
All you need to do is show him the video of the laryngeal nerve on a giraffe, by Richard Dawkins and evolution will be laid bare... but that idiot won't be able to acknowledge it... as such, the only and best approach is mockery.

Just laugh in his face from the ridiculousness of what he's proposing.

Use and abuse of GIFs!
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4145137]

[Image: 56158-doctor-who-10-laughing-gif-d1ci.gif]

[Image: 1QMq6MF.gif]

How about another kind of laughing?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1434 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4749 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  (Sensitivity required) Coming out to someone SlowCalculations 12 1768 October 27, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Can anyone debunk this? Socratic Meth Head 27 3287 May 17, 2016 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How can someone convert from Atheist to Religious Heat 65 9521 November 26, 2015 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  How to debunk the first cause argument without trying too hard Dystopia 206 45141 September 21, 2015 at 11:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Love is believing in someone. " Mudhammam 15 4315 December 7, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Exclamation Can someone explain this to me..? please... dyresand 3 1427 November 5, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: dyresand
  I have to share this with someone badlydrawngirl 24 3875 September 19, 2014 at 10:11 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Help, I need someone to talk to onebluethinker 36 7635 September 14, 2014 at 10:37 am
Last Post: TheGamingAtheist