Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone played R.U.S.E.
Has anyone played R.U.S.E.
I just picked it up last week. I wanted a good strategy game as the only one's I had ever really played were...
Starcraft
C&C
Shogun Total War
and
Civilization Revolution.

I love/d them all.
I picked up History Great Battles of Medieval hoping to get some Shogun Total War like action, however it was very low budget, and all the battles seemed to be the same with no real sense of how to win other than flanking. I returned it and got R.U.S.E.

Imagine one of those war boards the generals use to show how they want to execute their battles, and that's about what it is. You're playing the battles out on a war board in a radio room. You can use "ruse's" to hide troops, make them attack fanatically, do false attacks (decoys), and a good bit of other ruses. It takes place in WW2. If the game interest's you, and you have a choice I would go with the PC version over 360 as the unit cap is higher. Unless there's more multiplayer people on the 360 version which I'm not sure of.

Anyways has anyone played it? I'm still just starting out. Have not got into the full out strategy of it as I'm in the first few hours of it still being a tutorial. Plus I decided to man up and try it on the hard mode. War, ya know? I'm on a mission were you're introduced to your Bomber units if you're familiar. I would like to discuss a few things if there are any experienced players on here.
RE: Has anyone played R.U.S.E.
Yup, but here's the sad part. Ignore the ruse mechanics and simply crush your enemies with superior air power up front and in their face (or ground, if that's your thing - but I find that air gives you more mobility and forces them to hard counter in a manner that you have dictated and are thusly ready at a moments notice to hard counter yourself). If you see them feigning (or if you don't know) ignore it, and strike their econ points regardless. Attack attack attack. Almost as a rule, aggressive expansion and control of econ is the way to go in RTS games. Turtling or trying to get to fancy just forstalls the end. IMO.

(you in our steam group?)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Has anyone played R.U.S.E.
(September 18, 2014 at 8:00 am)Rhythm Wrote: Yup, but here's the sad part. Ignore the ruse mechanics and simply crush your enemies with superior air power up front and in their face (or ground, if that's your thing - but I find that air gives you more mobility and forces them to hard counter in a manner that you have dictated and are thusly ready at a moments notice to hard counter yourself). If you see them feigning (or if you don't know) ignore it, and strike their econ points regardless. Attack attack attack. Almost as a rule, aggressive expansion and control of econ is the way to go in RTS games. Turtling or trying to get to fancy just forstalls the end. IMO.

(you in our steam group?)

No, unfortunately I have it for the 360. I don't have a computer capable enough to handle that game. My desktop can barely run CS: Source on most maps. It does alright running minecraft (which I don't like to play on PC, or anymore for that matter.) but my laptop can hardly even run Minecraft. The desktop was my brothers he bought like 7+ years ago. Hell it's better than this laptop that has windows 7 (desktop PC is vista) that is only a few years old. One day I will build a gaming computer Sad I need a job.

But anyways it's for 360. :\ would of been cool to play with ya Tongue

The only question I really have is do you know how to combine units like the wolverine, and recon? Do they just have to be in the same area, or what? That one introductory mission before you get planes I never could figure out how to do it. Although I think the wolverine's suck, and prefer the anti tank guns anyways. Sucks that you can only make match's last an hour. Hell I take more than an hour to beat most missions.

Usually consisting of figuring out how the enemy's going to attack, then restarting, and setting up my defenses the right way. I just got through with Cherbourg. It's the mission where they introduce you to the decoy ruse's. I set up my defenses so they could not get close to the bridge with lots of anti tank guns, tanks, and a few artillery's. Then I got a good number of planes to go in all at once so the 2 bombers would survive to blow up their airstrip. Then I just sat around waiting for our supply depots to run out, and the enemy pushing forward then retreating losing units the whole time not getting close due to my artillery. I'm aching to play this online. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone else ever played Magic Carpet 1 or 2? Edwardo Piet 6 826 October 1, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  What is the weirdest video game you've ever played? Edwardo Piet 23 2840 February 23, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Athene
  The "Have you played [...]?" game Edwardo Piet 16 2247 December 3, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Black Watchmen - An ARG (has anyone tried one of these before?) Aroura 0 650 July 26, 2015 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Has anyone been following Twitch Plays Pokemon? TaraJo 12 3110 February 28, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Anybody Played This Game Yet? Seriousman 2 1428 October 16, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Esquilax