Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone else ever played Magic Carpet 1 or 2?
Has anyone else ever played Magic Carpet 1 or 2?
Am I the only one here who has played these games by Bullfrog from the early 90s?

[Image: 047eda8e116ea233e1495118ce7d43e6b6baae3b...83f9bf.jpg]

Alternative cover:

[Image: 640full-magic-carpet-plus-cover.jpg]

Second game:

[Image: Magiccarpet2cover.jpg]

Video of the first game:

Video of the second game:

Such unique games with amazing gameplay if you can get past the super old graphics.

I think they're absolute classics and I recently bought them on gog.com for a very small amount of money. Played them both for thousands of hours as a kid.
RE: Has anyone else ever played Magic Carpet 1 or 2?
Ever played with magic carpets, um............ yes!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
When I was very young I think it was these games among others that were groundbreaking for their graphics at the time.  I remember watching them being played on games master or some other show but I just had a sega mega drive or master system at the time.

I definitely wouldn't buy them now, they seem like the kind of game I would have only played because of the graphics at the time.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Their gameplay is much much much better than their graphics. The gameplay is incredibly unique and extremely awesome and the way the world is like a mini real world.. in the sense that it's a globe. So you can fly off one edge of the world and come out the opposite side... so no walls or map edges are required... is fucking genius.

There should 100% be a remake of this game.
I played the first one and even managed to get the stereoscopic graphics mode to work, sort of... it is beyond difficult to keep your eyes slightly crossed while being flame balled by some other mage on a carpet!
I have always been really good at magic carpet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire Emblem Three Houses: Anyone else playing it? Cecelia 0 436 August 30, 2019 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Anyone else have this issue? Foxaèr 2 327 August 14, 2018 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What is the weirdest video game you've ever played? Edwardo Piet 23 2840 February 23, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Update: I've finally created my first Magic: The Gathering Library ReptilianPeon 0 572 May 12, 2016 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Had my first Magic: The Gathering games yesterday: Any advice for newbie? ReptilianPeon 18 3380 May 10, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  The "Have you played [...]?" game Edwardo Piet 16 2247 December 3, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Black Watchmen - An ARG (has anyone tried one of these before?) Aroura 0 650 July 26, 2015 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Anyone else here play eve online? Lemonvariable72 15 2901 June 3, 2015 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Has anyone played R.U.S.E. Hellfire1014 2 936 September 19, 2014 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Hellfire1014
  Has anyone been following Twitch Plays Pokemon? TaraJo 12 3110 February 28, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: TaraJo