Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Original Messages of Religion
The Original Messages of Religion
Reflection, Sacrifice, Charity, Abstinence! Endurance, Compassion, Courage, Wisdom! All wasted! The message lost, what a tragedy! Misplaced by fools replaced by scum!

Sin, Forgiveness! What wonderful concepts if only implemented correctly!

Recitation of these virtues what the world would have become! Wasted on the veneration of deities when the veneration should be of these virtues!

You know now what religion is, this deformed beast of Baal, but you know not what it hides in its ruin!

This is the treasure more valuable than ivory, more valuable than an earth filled with gold! Yet you would forsake it? I think not!
RE: The Original Messages of Religion
Fuck off.
Blank
I like to reflect on how sacrificing some poor shmuck will make all the bad things I ever did go away- poof.

(need I continue?)

I'm going to suggest something that may not have crossed your mind. Religion doesn't give us any of that. You gave all of that to religion. If it weren't for people being halfway decent at least some of the time - the world might actually look like the hellscape painted in those "virtuous" texts. Just food for thought.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm not sure I agree that sin is a wonderful concept, or that abstinence is a virtue.

There was probably more than one goal in early religion, including explaining things that people didn't yet know about. Religion has become a perverted beast, unfortunately.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(September 18, 2014 at 11:00 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Religion has become a perverted beast, unfortunately.

Quite so, but I believe we can still learn from it.
So do I, actually. You know, that would be a good thread, you could approach one "virtue" from multiple religious angles and we'll see how that pans out, eh?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 18, 2014 at 10:43 pm)Celestine Wrote: Sin, Forgiveness What wonderful concepts if only implemented correctly!
How does Sin is a wonderful concept?
Because you do realize that if God wouldn't condemn anyone there would be no need for forgiveness right?
Yeah, I gotta say, if we're angling for something like sin as one of the better parts of religion, the greeks did it better. Miasma ftw!
(September 18, 2014 at 11:08 pm)Celestine Wrote: Quite so, but I believe we can still learn from it.
Like? Because one does not need to be religious to know reflection, sacrifice, charity, endurance, compassion, courage nor wisdom.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10600 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4869 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19600 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 48975 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Messages From The Dead jupitor 73 24624 June 24, 2012 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Sin and Original Sin Freedom 5 2668 February 1, 2012 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Abracadabra
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5160 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused