Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men with many wives (UK TV)
Men with many wives (UK TV)
How can these men think it's right to have up to 4 wives, and then to cover them to stop other men getting aroused over them?
RE: Men with many wives (UK TV)
(September 24, 2014 at 5:33 pm)lifesagift Wrote: How can these men think it's right to have up to 4 wives, and then to cover them to stop other men getting aroused over them?

Their business, not yours.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 24, 2014 at 5:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 24, 2014 at 5:33 pm)lifesagift Wrote: How can these men think it's right to have up to 4 wives, and then to cover them to stop other men getting aroused over them?

Their business, not yours.

Boru

Hey, lol, fancy seeing you here !!

But no, not recognised by the law of the land, sharia courts are wrong. And forcing a woman to wear a niqab is sexist isn't it? And why can't women have 4 husbands? Isn't there a sex equality act in this country?

I bet the answer is "allah."
(September 24, 2014 at 6:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Allah is the problem, not the answer !!
Ah... but are they truly his wives?
If he dies, do they all get a share? or just one of them?
What does it mean to be someone's wife? Legal contract recognized by the state? How many states in the US allow polygamy? Oh, wait... the UK! Does the UK allow polygamy?

If only one of the marriages is legal, then what are the others?

Personally, I'm a pig... I wouldn't mind having several wives. Wink
But, of course, they'd all have to agree with the introduction of any newcomer.
(September 24, 2014 at 6:02 pm)lifesagift Wrote:
(September 24, 2014 at 5:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Their business, not yours.

Boru

Hey, lol, fancy seeing you here !!

But no, not recognised by the law of the land, sharia courts are wrong. And forcing a woman to wear a niqab is sexist isn't it? And why can't women have 4 husbands? Isn't there a sex equality act in this country?

Sharia law isn't enshrined in the British legal system, but freedom of religion is. You have no more right objecting to plural marriage among Muslims than you do objecting to Passover celebrated by Jews.

Yes, forcing a woman to wear a niqab is sexist. But how can you possibly tell which Muslim women are forced to wear it? I can't be sure, but I fancy I've met more Muslims than you have, and the women wear the niqab because they feel it is a religious and cultural duty to do so.

I assume you mean Islamic women. They cannot have four husbands because that isn't part of Islamic law.

Your comment about gender equality is misplaced. No one in the UK is forced to be a Muslim. Or a Christian. Or a Jew. Or an atheist. But when one adopts a religion, one is free to practice and observe it.

Please don't mistake this post for a defense of Islam. It manifestly is not that. Islam at its core is barbaric, backward, violent, and bigoted (like most religions). This post is a defense of religious freedom.

My post is simply a reply to one of your more stupid, shortsighted xenophobic posts.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 24, 2014 at 6:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Oh man!, I thought the answer was misogyny.
The correct answer is :

Mormon

M-O-R-M-O-N

Tongue
(September 24, 2014 at 7:28 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 24, 2014 at 6:02 pm)lifesagift Wrote: Hey, lol, fancy seeing you here !!

Sharia law isn't enshrined in the British legal system, but freedom of religion is. You have no more right objecting to plural marriage among Muslims than you do objecting to Passover celebrated by Jews.

Yes, forcing a woman to wear a niqab is sexist. But how can you possibly tell which Muslim women are forced to wear it? I can't be sure, but I fancy I've met more Muslims than you have, and the women wear the niqab because they feel it is a religious and cultural duty to do so.

I assume you mean Islamic women. They cannot have four husbands because that isn't part of Islamic law.

Your comment about gender equality is misplaced. No one in the UK is forced to be a Muslim. Or a Christian. Or a Jew. Or an atheist. But when one adopts a religion, one is free to practice and observe it.

Please don't mistake this post for a defense of Islam. It manifestly is not that. Islam at its core is barbaric, backward, violent, and bigoted (like most religions). This post is a defense of religious freedom.

My post is simply a reply to one of your more stupid, shortsighted xenophobic posts.

Boru

Firstly, there's no need to be rude. You're on my case, and that's fine, but don't use words like "stupid" only because you disagree. Take a look at yourself first sir!.

Def...Xenophobia is the unreasoned fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.

Don't think I expressed any fear in my post...

And you talk about "freedom of religion"... how free do you want it to be? In islam a man can marry a girl and consummate the marriage once she starts to bleed (i.e. menstruation), and the minimum age for sex with a wife is 9yrs old. Now that is at odds with our law, so how much freedom should we give?

And yes, most muslim women choose to wear the niqab, but it's roots are simply forcing them to so men can control their sexual urges... that's not fair on women. And even now, women in this country are free to have their husbands name tattooed across their face, but they don't because their upbringing hasn't brainwashed them into doing so.

My comment about gender equality was about equality within islam, not the UK.

And to help me with your further posts I'm likely to receive, pre-emptively, please (if you have time) tell me about your feelings on shariah...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 7721 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  One clear, precise prophecy of Muhammad.. among many R00tKiT 178 20984 July 13, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Females are less intelligent than men according to authentic Sunni islamic hadith Binki21 9 1305 November 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1903 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  One reason among many, the world needs Ahlulbayt (as). Mystic 23 3405 April 23, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  So if Muhammad had long hair why so many muslim male having short hair? Ruckus123 3 1163 April 12, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5052 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Men wear Hijab in Iran in support of womem ReptilianPeon 25 4459 August 18, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Tajikistan Shaves 13,000 Men's Beards To 'End Radicalism' ReptilianPeon 8 2263 January 29, 2016 at 4:34 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  Why are so many people afraid to attack Islam? hilary 16 4383 July 20, 2015 at 8:47 am
Last Post: pocaracas