Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:36 am

Poll: God is NOT dead ???
This poll is closed.
God is Dead! In other words, there is no God and the film has not provided the evidence adequately
69.23%
9 69.23%
God is NOT Dead! In other words, despite the Biblical errors(not presented in the film), Jesus has to be god incarnate despite Christian misbehaviours on the contrary!
7.69%
1 7.69%
The quote based on the German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche, is not completely accurate because there may be a "god" but it is not Jesus! There is a universal and neutral "god" in the universe.
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"God is NOT Dead" the Christian film directed by Harold Cronk
Video 
"God is NOT Dead" the Christian film directed by Harold Cronk
I was able to see this film months ago. With my previous themes in previous posts, I think that these films are made with naivete. Similar to the ideas propagated in Christian films showing the "rapture". Evidence given in the film, against atheism, are not cogent nor sound even though it is a possible critique given in various philosophy classes. The film was not intellectually honest in the face of volumes of critique by past secular scholars and even an American founding father which now could be proven with plethora of scientific evidence and the tools of social evolution. For some reason, probably valid reasons, the film is at times classified as "comedy" and sometimes mixed with description - "comedy/family". Now Evidence against the film's premises:

1. God does not heal amputees! This is a proven fact because no preacher, anywhere on Earth, could regrow a missing arm or a missing leg ... in front of all to see and observe. Why I mention "amputees"? if god created the Earth in six days (and rested on the seventh) then why he does not give Christian preachers the power to regrow and regenerate missing arms and missing legs in seconds???

2. The Biblical texts are filled with errors and inaccuracies (The previous notion was missing in the mentioned film). Let me present an obvious occurrence: Matthew 27:51-54 (Hosea 6:1-3)!!! I added the Old Testament verse to present the fact that the writer may have spoken in symbolic language rather than in literal form, however, who could explain the missing report by the Roman guards! even if they could be punished for leaving their post, the event could have spread into the Roman lands and Roman history books! Even Flavius Josephus misses the important event in his list of "miracles"! why would he leave out the appearance of Jewish saints???

Another argument concerns material and economic directives - Acts 4:31-37! Where on planet Earth are Christians surrendering their wealth??? In fact, many Christians are hoarding wealth and stealing wealth, either through the name of "Jesus" or the name of "Christianity", or simply cheating others in many types of competition. In fact, the previous lends the idea that Paul expected Jesus return and "rapture" event during those specific times and NOT the future we are living in.

Let me end this with the quotes from Thomas Jefferson:

It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it [the Apocalypse], and I then considered it merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to General Alexander Smyth, Jan. 17, 1825

Among the sayings and discourses imputed to him [Jesus] by his biographers, I find many passages of fine imagination, correct morality, and of the most lovely benevolence; and others again of so much ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism, and imposture, as to pronounce it impossible that such contradictions should have proceeded from the same being.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Short, April 13, 1820

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Horatio G. Spafford, March 17, 1814

The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, January 24, 1814
RE: "God is NOT Dead" the Christian film directed by Harold Cronk
I can't choose cause I don't know what god means. I find it to be meaningless
Yeah, there wasn't much of an argument presented in that movie.
'God' cannot be proven dead until the fuckers first prove he was ever alive.
What isn't dead is belief in the idea of god. More's the pity.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(October 5, 2014 at 11:27 pm)Jenny A Wrote: What isn't dead is belief in the idea of god. More's the pity.

It takes the time of social evolution for it to be completely gone from human memory. Even the 3rd American president, Thomas Jefferson, knew about this:

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors"
-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823.

He was classified as a Deist and not an Atheist. He was president from 1801-1809!

He knew the dangers of the establishment of a theocracy but he also foreseen or envisioned the complete removal of irrationality (All religions and Christianity) from human society. He knew what the problem was because it eventuality lead to dangerous ideaologues running society from behind the cloak of religion and religious verdicts.

Let me add also: The American public would never accept an Atheist as President for the next 150 years! At least, Thomas Jefferson accepted some form of "god" in his personal belief system. It would never occur, according to my prediction, that the American public is prepared for an Atheist president. Let me say this now to clarify any confusion in my posting of evidence from Thomas Jefferson. I am an Atheist therefore I am NOT going to be president. Let us make that very clear. If someone offered me to to be president but first be a Christian or even a deist. I would turn it down because I am an Atheist.
Hmm, haven't see the film yet; does it involves God coming back to life on the third act?
I haven't seen the full movie yet but from what I HAVE seen, it seems to vilify those that wouldn't match it's point of view to an unreasonable extent. But in the end, it's just a story and storywriters are free to do what they want with their characters.
(October 6, 2014 at 9:11 am)satsujin Wrote: I haven't seen the full movie yet but from what I HAVE seen, it seems to vilify those that wouldn't match it's point of view to an unreasonable extent. But in the end, it's just a story and storywriters are free to do what they want with their characters.

Of course, they do! And we have a right to expose it in the arena of the free market of ideas.
Cronk, lol.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4456 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 17 3825 November 29, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 18 4016 November 28, 2016 at 8:56 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Even if you choose not to believe in god, you’re actually believing in god Blueyedlion 160 15594 June 5, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: robvalue
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19375 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Bill Nye Found Dead. Suspect apprehended claims "God made me do it" Gooders1002 30 6569 February 24, 2014 at 4:46 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  How do you know God isn't dead? smax 303 164091 June 26, 2013 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  The power of faith directed at Christians and Muslims Mystic 8 4669 October 28, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: Spectrum
  What the 'film' issue wa really about Puddleglum 17 6182 September 22, 2012 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Writers: if you're not Judeo-Christian, chances are you suck. thesummerqueen 52 20633 February 15, 2012 at 11:15 am
Last Post: LarissaAnn