Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you know God isn't dead?
How do you know God isn't dead?
Being that god doesn't do anything anymore that makes his existence reasonably evident, why is assumed that he is still alive and well?

Clearly he has trouble getting good results from his experiments, who's to say he didn't inadvertently destroy himself, or do something to himself that rendered him useless.

Perhaps he finally tried to make that rock he himself couldn't lift, and then attempted to lift it, throwing his divine back out so to speak?

Or maybe he took the whole "free will" thing too far, limiting his own powers just enough to give Satan the edge in their eternal fued. And with that edge, Satan utterly destroyed him and decided that this whole experiment on Earth was just too damn boring and pointless, and then chose to leave it permanently unattended.

Then again, it could just be that god himself grew tired of this whole experiment and abandoned it. I mean, seriously, how long can humanity hold a god's interest?

What if god somehow committed a sin of some sort, and Jesus had to sacrifice his eternal existence to cover it? Then, without Jesus around to be man's living water, god decided to move on to other experiments.

Okay, last one, I promise:

God has already proven himself to be suicidal, as he actually manifest himself in human form for the very purpose of experiencing and sufferring death. Maybe he liked it a little, and decided to see how it would feel to experience it spiritually. And maybe that was his last experiment at all.

By the way, if god is alive and still interested in his humanity experiment, I challenge him to refix my head on backwards on my body by tommorow morning. I will then wear it that way for the rest of my life as a testament to his existence.

So, we'll all be putting this whole god business to rest within a day. Stay tuned for the results.
[Image: earthp.jpg]
RE: How do you know God isn't dead?
I just spoke with Him.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 25, 2013 at 6:46 am)Godschild Wrote: I just spoke with Him.

I'm guessing it was a somewhat one sided conversation.

Did you record the conversation for our edification?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Are you even trying anymore? Should I just grab you a cardboard sign and a street corner to yowl from now?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

No you didn't.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
To be dead, something must first have lived. God has never been; therefore, cannot be dead.
Quote:Being that god doesn't do anything anymore

Are you implying that he ever did? Evidence of same?
You guys are going to be sooo sorry when C'thulhu rises from the sea and obliterates you all*. Did you learn nothing from the writings of the prophet Lovecraft?

* Oh, right, he's going to obliterate everyone. Well, that sucks.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I'm not afraid. I've been playing his song for almost three decades (including from the bowels of a submarine) and haven't seen him yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5cIZ9_HLu4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do they know when God is angry? Fake Messiah 94 6684 December 24, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 10234 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The witness argument (yet again, I know, I know) Mystic 81 11151 August 19, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  How you know religion has done its job in brainwashing you: Foxaèr 19 2747 August 9, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 788 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  Isn't it funny... pabsta 189 55836 August 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4443 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Question Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it? theBorg 52 8849 October 3, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Hypothetically, science proves free will isn't real henryp 95 13331 July 12, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Even if you choose not to believe in god, you’re actually believing in god Blueyedlion 160 15549 June 5, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: robvalue