Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does death scare you and why?
does death scare you and why?
i'm actually interested in what you have to say.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: does death scare you and why?
No. Death doesn't scare me. I haven't been around before I was born and I won't be around at some time.

Dying on the other hand - you never know how you go out and what kind of suffering lies in stock for you.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
If you are born in America, went to school at the age of 5 or 6, went to work, stayed away from drugs and parties like a good boy/girl, and worked long hours until the present day, death will scare the living Hell out of you.

And the reason is simple, because you've lived nothing so far. Your extra-cellular dopamine neurons are intact, unused. You have experienced a surrogate of life, that left you with a bitter aftertaste. You get the feeling that the real thing is yet to come, and it doesn't. So if you're such a person, having a car accident tomorrow will indeed be a terrible tragedy. All the pleasure, all the joy you had in stock will never happen. You are basically burring a set of new dopamine/serotonin receptors/neurons, that were screaming to be used.

If you experience true joy, true bliss, death will never scare you, because you know that, no matter what, you got what you came here for and you got plenty of it. You got 100x more pleasure than pain. A good deal. Unfortunately, most people being born on Earth make a BAD deal, to be born. That includes animals. Many animals are eaten alive before they even break out of their shell. Earth is...let's just say that you're born in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and that the purpose of life is for you to get a good deal. GOOD deal.

Many people will tell you that life is about struggling, striving, working, persevering...adding value, knowledge. Don't listen to them, they are depressive people...sad...they belong in a mental hospital. The only problem is they cannot build a mental hospital for 6 billion people.
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
Of course it would ; to an atheist I mean.
As a Muslim, I made my peace with it a long time ago. Death is no more than a journey.
As a major depressive, unfortunately, most of the time I'm thinking about death positively. Recently, I've stopped even being scared of the dying part... because what is pain, really?
(October 30, 2014 at 3:15 pm)AtlasS Wrote: Of course it would ; to an atheist I mean.
As a Muslim, I made my peace with it a long time ago. Death is no more than a journey.

Excuse me, but who are you to say what death means to anyone but you? I'm an atheist and it doesn't scare me.
I bet he read something is a stupid old book.
Death is not at all scary to me. It's something that's going to happen at some point, and once I'm dead I'm not going to be able to care.

All that worries me about my death is how it may impact those around me.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Intellectually no. Life, thought and experience ends. Rather than afraid, it makes me sad. That said, I'd run like hell for fear of death. :-)
I used to think that the worst part of death was not being around to see how things turn out.

Now, it seems like the story is not going to work out so well anyway.

[Image: train-wreck-o.gif]

It doesn't matter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Response to Darkmatter2525 ""Why Does Anything Matter?" Eik0932 23 2864 September 26, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5213 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why atheism is important, and why religion is dangerous causal code 20 8574 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN LetThereBeNoGod 4 1755 February 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Near death experiences are not biblical and the bible itself debunks them (Proof) LetThereBeNoGod 0 1135 February 16, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
  A Non-Religious Person's Meaning in Life and Death AFTT47 17 5008 January 12, 2016 at 12:52 am
  Atheist and the Death penalty strawdawg 125 28776 September 8, 2015 at 11:00 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  How Do You Get Over Death? Shuffle 124 25883 September 2, 2015 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Shuffle
  Do Supernatural Horror Movies Scare You? PhilosophicalZebra 24 5168 July 10, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Why Does Atheism Have to be False? crosssaves 66 13895 June 21, 2015 at 11:54 am