Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did god create the universe?
How did god create the universe?
I've been looking at some theists who decry evolution, abiogenesis, and modern cosmology because they either don't understand it, or they claim it is not complete. So I want to know, how did god create the universe, I want details. Specifics. A process. A step by step run down.
RE: How did god create the universe?
He didn't. God just coalesced from the same flotsam and jetsam as all the rest. Well, He did as soon as our imaginations were up to the task.
He spoke everything into existence, duh!

Fucking uppity atheists always making things more complicated than they have to be. Tongue
(November 11, 2014 at 1:02 pm)Cato Wrote: He spoke everything into existence, duh!

Yeah, that's basically the answer floating around in theists minds.

I wonder which language he used and if he could make himself heard. There's nothingness around him after all when he started his new job. And sound requires some kind of atmosphere to carry.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 11, 2014 at 1:02 pm)Cato Wrote: He spoke everything into existence, duh!

Fucking uppity atheists always making things more complicated than they have to be. Tongue

Yeah. Why can't atheist just realize that god is a magician?

Also, don't listen to the Pope. He's the anti-christ.
Which 'god?'

'cause this Marduk dude seems like a tough motherfucker!

http://www.gly.uga.edu/railsback/CS/CSMarduk.html

Quote:Marduk armed himself with a bow and arrows, a club, and lightning, and he went in search of Tiamat's monstrous army. Rolling his thunder and storms in front him, he attacked, and Kingu's battle plan soon disintegrated. Tiamat was left alone to fight Marduk, and she howled as they closed for battle. They struggled as Marduk caught her in his nets. When she opened her mouth to devour him, he filled it with the evil wind that served him. She could not close her mouth with his gale blasting in it, and he shot an arrow down her throat. It split her heart, and she was slain.

After subduing the rest of her host, he took his club and split Tiamat's water-laden body in half like a clam shell. Half he put in the sky and made the heavens, and he posted guards there to make sure that Tiamat's salt waters could not escape. Across the heavens he made stations in the stars for the gods, and he made the moon and set it forth on its schedule across the heavens. From the other half of Tiamat's body he made the land, which he placed over Apsu's fresh waters, which now arise in wells and springs. From her eyes he made flow the Tigirs and Euphrates. Across this land he made the grains and herbs, the pastures and fields, the rains and the seeds, the cows and ewes, and the forests and the orchards.
I think, the more important question is why?

Taking the usual creationist bullshit as a source, some 6000 years ago, this god fellow came up with a new idea. After sitting around for aeons, twiddling his thumbs or playing with himself in absolute darkness (remember, let there be light - he invented it).
(November 11, 2014 at 1:19 pm)abaris Wrote: I wonder which language he used and if he could make himself heard.

Adamic of course. Pay Lay Ale.

You bring up something that I never considered before regarding the creation myth; "if he could make himself heard". Bit of a trick I think without air or ears for that matter; however, I don't remember air ever explicitly being created in Genesis. My assumption is that ancient humans didn't have any concept of what the Earth's atmosphere really was and assumed it was ubiquitous throughout the heavens. Can't blame them really as there was no reason at the time to think otherwise.
(November 11, 2014 at 1:32 pm)Cato Wrote: You bring up something that I never considered before regarding the creation myth; "if he could make himself heard". Bit of a trick I think without air or ears for that matter; however, I don't remember air ever explicitly being created in Genesis. My assumption is that ancient humans didn't have any concept of what the Earth's atmosphere really was and assumed it was ubiquitous throughout the heavens. Can't blame them really as there was no reason at the time to think otherwise.

Yet according to Genesis there wasn't even light. He invented it.

And, if I remember right, at some point he used his breath. What the fuck was he breathing? As I said above, there's an eternal being, sitting around in virtually nothing for eternity - remember he created the heaven and the earth on the first day - yet he keeps talking and breathing.
Standard debate of this subject, Atheism vs Theism.

Theist- AAAAHAHAHAHA the atheist believes something comes from nothing. Ludicrous ridiculous impossible illogical ROFLOL

Atheist So how did god make the universe.

Theist He made it from nothing.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6220 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why did God give commandments to Jews? Fake Messiah 12 874 August 11, 2022 at 10:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why did God get rid of the Trilobites? Jehanne 41 2928 October 24, 2021 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why did God allow his words to be changed? Fake Messiah 53 4048 October 23, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  We can only see 4% of the universe ! WinterHold 25 2838 January 30, 2019 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9553 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Create a new monotheistic religion instead of clinging to the past of Abraham Kaloomi 68 9337 June 18, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  The purpose of human life is probably to create "Artificial General Intelligence" uncool 45 8908 February 1, 2018 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Answers to "if god did not exist" Foxaèr 25 8935 June 2, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4470 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13