Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fifty Questions That Christians Can't Answer
Fifty Questions That Christians Can't Answer
Angel Cloud

The following is a link to an article that was written by a writer, who just so happens to also be a perfectionist. So, if you plan on reading it, I hope you don't mind thoroughness. Fifty Questions That Christians Can't Answer

My feeling is that the article leaves very little to be discussed, seeing that I agree with it, in its entirety. However, I also think this article could lead to some very healthy discussion. If you would like to discuss, agree, disagree or anything else, I would love to oblige.
RE: Fifty Questions That Christians Can't Answer
Well Found at least a mistake in the 50...#19 Lucifer is NOT Satan.. this is a common error but Lucifer was only mentioned once in the bible (Isaiah 14:12) but if you start at 14:1 The bible is clearly talking about the King of Babylon. BUT this dose not make statement 19 wrong just need to replace the name Lucifer.... But then again most Christians dont know the bible as well as this Atheist...
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
You must know the bible really well. I can't say that I knew that. I'll mention that to the author. Smile
I think all of those questions have been answered on AF by Christians. Spurious claim as usual.
I wonder if they have been answered satisfactorily. That seems to always be the problem. If an atheist's questions were answered in a way that was satisfactory, or proved them wrong, so to speak, the debate would be over. Vague answers like "because God wills it" and anything containing the word faith don't hold a lot of water with skeptics (or in this case, outright naysayayers).
Religion relies on being vague, anything bad is discarded, anything wrong is a metaphor. I respect fundamentalists for sticking to the 'word of their deity'. I also laugh at their absurd claims Big Grin.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
I believe they are answered satisfactorily, if that is with more than a non answer such as goddidit. However they are timeless questions that can never be satisfactorily answered for the atheist skeptic. The same applies the other way around. Both sides can happily hold ground. Such is the nature of the beast. Someone should try to make piles of money out of it... oh wait... Smile
I'm not even a Christian, and a number of them simply don't make sense.

And Christians can "answer" those ones I can't "really" answer. In any case though... it is far from a list of 50 things that Christians can't answer. If you already believe in a "God", then it is very easy to answer most/all of those things.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(February 15, 2010 at 10:38 am)Saerules Wrote:
Quote:2 - Why won't God heal amputees?

This is never actually stated in the bible... only that he had not healed amputees. In which case, it isn't that "God" won't heal amputees, but that it wasn't noted in the bible.

Well the amputee thing is not talking about the bible every time ive heard this argument its aimed at modern day and the con artist... err I mean faith healers...
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
Your reply on Noah's ark was even more far fetched than the Christians make up Sea. If God were to do all that then he shouldn't have bothered with ordering Noah to build the ark. Just zap everything except Noah and his family and the livestock he wants to keep alive. Besides, if God's beef was with the humans, why not let the rest of the animals of the world live and just zap the humans?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2774 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7585 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 9933 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3857 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  My Questions For Christians BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1636 May 13, 2018 at 7:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 14808 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 18102 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  A few questions for Christians... Simon Moon 7 2164 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 30510 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The real "Christians answering questions" thread Foxaèr 17 2608 May 6, 2016 at 5:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus