Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gangster rap=Life in prison
Gangster rap=Life in prison
California's famous gangster rap is now illegal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi7xi_SnEDQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW9cdtSRQoI
god is supposed to be imaginary
RE: Gangster rap=Life in prison
Twilight Zone.
Damn, talk about pure BS. The defense should subpoena all of Hollywood for making violent movies that deal with gangsters. People have more freedom in North Korea.
Not gonna happen Wyrd, wrong shade of lipstick, I'm afraid.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:
(November 23, 2014 at 2:38 am)Rhythm Wrote: Not gonna happen Wyrd, wrong shade of lipstick, I'm afraid.
I don't know. I mean the UN wants to pressure us to create stricter hate speech laws. I know Anwar al-Awlaki was only guilty of blogging. The framework for fascism is there, it's just a matter of how far it'll be implemented.
It won't stand court scrutiny.

(November 23, 2014 at 9:05 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: It won't stand court scrutiny.
I think it's really about cutting a plea deal. These guys are going to be waiting months until they see a judge. Meanwhile the prosecutors want a false confession. They can stall for years if they want. They can throw you in a stall with a butt pirate. The guards will look up your butt every time you see your lawyer anyways. The prosecutor offers a plea deal for conspiracy if you testify against your buddies. You get probation while your friends do a murder bid. This is standard practice.

On top of that, there's very little public outcry. I wouldn't count on court scrutiny these days. The integrity of the courts mean nothing these days.
(November 23, 2014 at 4:10 pm)stonedape Wrote: On top of that, there's very little public outcry. I wouldn't count on court scrutiny these days. The integrity of the courts mean nothing these days.

Court scrutiny is not reliant on public outcry, but on an appeal being filed, either after a conviction, or before the trial (asking that the charges be thrown out by the judge hearing the actual case).

As for the integrity of the courts, I'd say that probably relies on the judges hearing the appeal. The Ninth Circuit, which hears Constitutional appeals in California and other western states, has a pretty good record of siding with free-speech advocates.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 357 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Michelle Bachmann might to prison Justtristo 14 2812 May 19, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Greek Terrorist Escapes from Prison EgoRaptor 0 637 January 25, 2014 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Hungarian court sentences racist murderers to life in prison and 13 years Something completely different 52 15564 August 6, 2013 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  73-year-old faces prison for pot Big Blue Sky 1 923 June 21, 2013 at 11:45 am
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  American Schools more like prison? JohnDG 5 2705 July 13, 2012 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  11 Years in Prison for Posting on an Atheist Website cratehorus 11 3702 June 19, 2012 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37