Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas sucks
Star 
Christmas sucks
I am living in a country where I only know a handful of people, where none of my family lives. I loathe Christmas. The holidays can fuck right off. I plan to spend Christmas wrapped right in a blanket burrito. Any of you blokes/lads feel the same of Christmas? I can't be the only Scrooge.
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.”
― Langston Hughes
RE: Christmas sucks
I get weird anxiety from my birthday (incidentally, the day you joined) until a few days after Christmas. I go through the motions, but I'd rather my birthday and the holiday season just not exist. I asked my sister the other day how she thought it would be received if I asked everyone not to give me Xmas presents this year, and her face alone told me everything I needed to know: not recognizing Xmas would be a travesty. Sigh.
I do not celebrate the holidays. They are too commercialized for my tastes.

Perhaps if I had a family to satisfy, I would feel different. As it is, it is just me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 29, 2014 at 3:18 am)Kitanetos Wrote: I do not celebrate the holidays. They are too commercialized for my tastes.

Perhaps if I had a family to satisfy, I would feel different. As it is, it is just me.

Rightly, I feel the same. It's just my mum in Melbourne and I here in the US.
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
That cannot fly.”
― Langston Hughes
Well you're all welcome to come to Detroit and celebrate the holidays with me. :-)
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(November 29, 2014 at 4:37 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Well you're all welcome to come to Detroit and celebrate the holidays with me. :-)

Haven't you anyone to celebrate the holiday with?
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
That cannot fly.”
― Langston Hughes
(November 29, 2014 at 4:40 am)Ophelia Wrote:
(November 29, 2014 at 4:37 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Well you're all welcome to come to Detroit and celebrate the holidays with me. :-)

Haven't you anyone to celebrate the holiday with?

Yeah, family... But it's just the same routine every year. Not that I'm complaining.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(November 29, 2014 at 5:28 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:
(November 29, 2014 at 4:40 am)Ophelia Wrote: Haven't you anyone to celebrate the holiday with?

Yeah, family... But it's just the same routine every year. Not that I'm complaining.

No lovely lady to ring in the new year with? My issue is that I've left my SO in Melbourne Sad
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
That cannot fly.”
― Langston Hughes
Sorry, but I absofuckinglutely LOVE Christmas, love everything about it - the decorations, the tree, the pressies, the food, the music, the people...all of it.

I don't give a rat's charbroiled arse about the religious aspects or the pagan origins, I just love the holiday.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 29, 2014 at 7:38 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sorry, but I absofuckinglutely LOVE Christmas, love everything about it - the decorations, the tree, the pressies, the food, the music, the people...all of it.

I don't give a rat's charbroiled arse about the religious aspects or the pagan origins, I just love the holiday.

Boru

Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Break out the food and presents! Just put the tree up last night. We'll probably have the grandkids over this evening to help decorate it.

Note to Santa Claus: I already have enough socks and underwear. Bring me something substantial this year. Your friend, AT
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 710 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 854 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  5G sucks. Jehanne 12 837 June 5, 2022 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 718 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Merry Christmas!! Jehanne 10 751 December 26, 2021 at 8:28 am
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2907 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1715 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s a reasonable amount to give on Christmas? Apollo 3 347 December 25, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 803 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christmas cards brewer 8 476 December 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm