Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5G sucks.
5G sucks.
To be fair, I have gotten up to 165 Mbps downloads (which occurred on a street near my home while walking at 6 AM on a Sunday morning), but the recent test here a few minutes ago has been very typical as of late:

[Image: Screenshot-20220604-082520-Speedtest.jpg]" />
RE: 5G sucks.
Still, it's billions of times faster than the speed with which prayers travel.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
How fast do you NEED it to be?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Who is your provider? AT&T?
(June 4, 2022 at 2:10 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Who is your provider? AT&T?

Verizon
(June 4, 2022 at 1:51 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: How fast do you NEED it to be?

The advertised rate would be just fine, at least on occasion; I upgraded from 4G -- $60 more a month for 6 phones.
(June 4, 2022 at 6:27 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(June 4, 2022 at 2:10 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Who is your provider?  AT&T?

Verizon

don’t know about Verizon, but AT&T delivers two levels of 5G service, depending which part of their network you are on.  older parts of the network, that is to say the vast majority of the existing AT&T network, has what AT&T call 5G, which is actually incapable of coming anywhere close to what even AT&T itself promises for 5G.   what AT&T call 5G is barely better than 4G LTE.    However some newer parts of AT&T network provides what AT&T call 5G+.   5G+ actually comes close to delivering what AT&T promised for 5G.

I think the reason is AT&T degraded their initial 5G performance so they can cover the largest area with “5G” service with the fewest towers.   the degradation was required to maintain service reliability with a sparse network of towers.   Now they got a lot of area on this half asses 5G service, they are beginning to densify parts their network so they can offer a let duplicitous version of 5G service. 

maybe Verizon is doing something similar?
This reminds me of salespeople going door to door, selling the new fiberoptic connections, touting "blazing fast" speeds. I asked if they were running the fiber on our street. Crickets. It's still coaxial cable here, many years later.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I keep reading the thread title as "SG sucks", and I'm wondering what's wrong with an SG?

[Image: TBqpZ1e.jpg]

[Image: 2GfpOPb.jpg]

Note: I don't own either guitar nowadays.

Somehow I am seeing Trump... instead of Thump... The likely explanation is probably Freudian in nature.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2342 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Super hero movies sucks Sanau 7 576 March 29, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  Grief and how it sucks *Deidre* 21 3106 May 4, 2018 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  What sucks about being single. Brian37 7 1647 March 9, 2018 at 10:10 am
Last Post: No_God
  Atheistforums.org sucks... FirstPoet 20 2655 December 24, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I'm sick and bored... It sucks Dystopia 14 2753 April 12, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Being a warrior-mom sucks sometimes Joods 22 3386 March 21, 2015 at 8:51 am
Last Post: Joods
Star Christmas sucks Ophelia 28 3949 November 29, 2014 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Losty
  If Anyone Needs to know why education in the US sucks Minimalist 2 1409 February 13, 2014 at 3:49 am
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  High school sucks Ocato 28 10612 September 4, 2012 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Jackalope