Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Blasphemy Thread
The Blasphemy Thread
In Mark 3:28-29, the Bible say that "all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin."

I thought about that for a while and then came up with this thread. Its purpose is for people to have a place to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit so that whenever a new theist comes to AF to proselytize, we can redirect him to this thread to show him that we're beyond saving.

I'll go first: Fuck you, Holy Spirit. You can suck my dick.
RE: The Blasphemy Thread
There's only one Holy spirit, and it's called Laphroaig 10 year old. The other guy is just an impostor.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 4, 2014 at 10:05 am)Vosur Wrote: I'll go first: Fuck you, Holy Spirit. You can suck my dick.

I don't think, fuck you is enough. The unforgivable sin is about denying the holy spirit. But you just invited it to suck dick, so you didn't actually deny it.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Q
(December 4, 2014 at 10:16 am)abaris Wrote:
(December 4, 2014 at 10:05 am)Vosur Wrote: I'll go first: Fuck you, Holy Spirit. You can suck my dick.

I don't think, fuck you is enough. The unforgivable sin is about denying the holy spirit. But you just invited it to suck dick, so you didn't actually deny it.

Quite the opposite, actually Thinking
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 4, 2014 at 10:16 am)abaris Wrote:

There seem to be a myriad of different interpretations of that verse and what "blaspheme" in that context actually means - I just went with one I thought fitting. Wink
[Image: ewk47.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Maker
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
OK, so keep this nice and short: Fuck the holy spirit.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Seems like the christers should have a list of such blaspheming folks so they don't waste their time trying to save them. They could then spend more time with folks that at least have a chance of redemption.

As for the Holy Spirit, I would take the BJ, but I would not reciprocate, thus denying the Holy Spirit an orgasm.

Confused Fall
Islamic blasphemy.

(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(December 4, 2014 at 10:16 am)abaris Wrote: The unforgivable sin is about denying the holy spirit. But you just invited it to suck dick, so you didn't actually deny it.
The priests that Jesus condemns in Mark 3 accused him of being an agent of the Devil and claiming that he exorcised demons with the authority of Satan. I don't think there's anything in the Bible that explicitly described the holy spirit as an individual, and the priests in that story do not confirm it as such. IMO, Jesus condemns them for calling god's gift of exorcism a demonic ruse.

"Holy spirit" could just be a euphemism for 'energy' or 'magic.' In which case you don't really blaspheme against the holy spirit, but against god. Which makes more sense, when you think about it. Blaspheming Jesus or god is forgivable, but not the holy spirit, which gets very few mentions and no concrete description in the entire Bible? That doesn't make much sense.

In any case, there is no god and there is no cosmic battery to power one. That should do for fulfilling the OP's qualifications.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Huge diff btwn Oppression & Blasphemy Brian37 2 300 November 17, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4140 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic