Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope it's not late to post one
I hope it's not late to post one
Hello, I have already posted a couple times, but forgot to post on the introductions section; so please forgive me. I have been an atheist since I was 14, it was the best decision I've ever made. I grew up with an atheist father and a christian mother. I know kinda strange haha but, she did force me to go to church services in which I hated going to them. I'm looking forward to being a member of this community.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

RE: I hope it's not late to post one
Welcome.

No, never too late.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome

How old are you now? And does your mother know you are an atheist?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(December 4, 2014 at 11:12 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Welcome

I'm 27 now, and yes she does. She's not happy with it since I'm outspoken about it. She grew to respect my opinions which is a fair compromise I think. Although this time of year it's normally a fight.

(December 4, 2014 at 11:17 pm)Sterben Wrote:
(December 4, 2014 at 11:12 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Welcome

I'm 27 now, and yes she does. She's not happy with it since I'm outspoken about it. She grew to respect my opinions which is a fair compromise I think. Although this time of year it's normally a fight.

Sorry to be nosy, but we have kids under 18 here and I try to treat them at least a little more carefully in debate.

Yes, Christmas can bring out the Christian in Christians. --- My Mom's not all the happy with atheism either. Mostly she tries to forget. Wink I try not to rub her nose in it.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
It is a little late to be posting here. I'm trying to sleep, and my kids is a sleep, and it is a little noisy. Nothing that can't be forgiven though. Welcome!
Howdy from Texas! Cool Shades And welcome.

I had a loosely similar situation, but last time my Mom and i talked, I think she is an atheist. She is just afraid to say it out loud for fear of pissing off the sky-daddy.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Welcome aboard.
I know we have children here, when I did finally move to being an atheist I did not have a guiding light. I could not talk my dad or my mom since I was scared to. My mom back took it kinda seriously, at the time as well I did not know my father was an atheist. I had to figure out the philosophy's and leaders of atheism, also this was in 90's. The internet back was a little harder to use so, I had to use the library. If the youth under eighteen, you came to the right place for a guiding lite if you decided to keep with atheism. If i had the support of a community back then, the transition would of been a lot easier.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HI everyone & we hope we are welcomed here funcouple 11 2545 August 30, 2019 at 2:06 am
Last Post: funcouple
  Some big changes as of late... phoenix31 26 2025 January 28, 2017 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: flagbears
  Late introduction Razzle 22 4875 August 22, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: loganonekenobi
  A late introduction haha Regina 20 4204 January 30, 2015 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Better late than never...! DangerousElf 4 1412 September 6, 2014 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
Tongue Late to the Intro party LeoVonFrost 9 2257 June 30, 2013 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  Hello, New To Forum, Hope I Don't Get Banned Blackrook 39 13488 September 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Whatkins
Wink Hope its not too late! WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth 9 4206 July 21, 2012 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: C.W. Sims
  Hope this is where the thinkers are Hyper-Space Rubik 19 5232 April 28, 2012 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Violet