Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The angry brain
The angry brain
It's bad when your brain is mad and out to gets perceived transgressors, even worse when it's pissed off at you.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
RE: The angry brain
You ok?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I...what?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
If your brain is angry and out to get you, you should probably see a doctor bae. *hugs
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
My brain is often pissed off with me. It is constantly second guessing me (itself) and telling me I'm a bad person, and I screw everything up. Perfectionism merged with depression.

Thanks brain. As if I don't have enough external problems in the world to deal with. I use CBT techniques on myself, speaking out loud as a rational outsider would do, so I can hear it. That helps me a lot.

Uhm... I'm sure you all wanted to know that?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
arrrgh.... my brain hurts
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I don't feel in control. It seems to be taking too much credit.

Almost all of my body just does stuff, which I have no idea how to do, like my internal organs. I often act on reflex or just muscle memory, seems hard to gloat over that either.

Even my "me" centre, my brain, is mostly run for me behind the scenes. My concious part is only a small fraction, and I'm far from convinced that I'm doing anything other than watching my concious brain do its thing.

Fuck me, I may as well retire, I'm a fifth wheel.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Then you and your brain are separate ?, then who are you ?.
That's what is the hardest thing to fathom. The concept of "me" is so downright weird. I suppose "I" am the concious part of my brain.

It's so hard to talk about your brain and yourself and...yeah. Scientifically I think exactly as you say, I'm my brain. Or my brain and my body. The "I" part so easily slips into the role of narrator or puppeteer.

I think me and my brain and I are going to bed Smile night all, thanks for the chats! Big atheist love!

Index of my best videos
It's quite easy to separate 'I' from the brain. Just go argue with a fundie for an hour, and 'I' would be whatever is left at the end of it (and the brain being whichever portion of you that didn't survive).
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man completely paralyzed by ALS asks for a beer via brain implant TaraJo 14 1060 March 26, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] Link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism established Fake Messiah 9 996 November 18, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Screen time and the preschool brain brewer 8 760 November 6, 2019 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The brain Drich 140 17417 May 15, 2019 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Human brain genes in monkeys popeyespappy 5 515 April 12, 2019 at 5:21 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Diets according to brain biologist from Russia purplepurpose 10 1800 November 15, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Religion Wires the Brain to Believe Nonsense Devout-Humanist 4 1053 October 17, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Pedophilia Brain Defect brewer 26 11434 June 8, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The connection between religion and neuropsychological processes in the human brain Aroura 9 2257 March 10, 2017 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Brain with David Eagleman Mudhammam 4 1453 November 6, 2015 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan