Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My views on religion
My views on religion
Well for starters i don't hate religion but i do hate the aspects of it. That being said lets talk about the aspects of religion that gets peoples blood boiling. First its probably the fact that most religions do not have such a great past behind them like Christianity, for a religion to be so well peaceful and nice they have a whole bunch of hypocrites and well bigots. The ones preaching and screaming love everyone but yet they go and they become different people.

The other issue with religion is that they teach their members to spread their belief system. Its not bad but why spread it but when it comes down to it , its more or less if you do not believe then when you die you got to this or that place and it will be bad and you wouldn't like that. Its bad to get new members out of fear they should do a different approach.

Street preachers... i really really hate that they can say horrible things and get away with it. Like calling people whores or they are whore in gods eyes. That really burns me up how can you say those things to another human being and then say i'm not saying the bible is, clearly one would have empathy not to say such horrible things

Door to door theists. enough said yes they are annoying and are trying to spread the word of god. nothing is wrong with that but why on earth would you go around on the weekends doing this why waste our time on the weekend try again maybe on a Friday or a day close to the weekend.

Also the teaching of ignorance over fact. If its one thing i learned ignorance is not bliss not one bit. Humanity has been around for millions of years and adapted and changed and evolved. We are still animals but we are the smartest animals on this planet. But one thing people choosing myth over fact won't change. The only way for religion to be around is they have to adapt and change even the pope knows that and is pushing for more science in the catholic faith. Now saying science is wrong its fine because you know why if science is so wrong on everything why is that things such as airplanes wouldn't exist if people didn't make the impossible possible. Science will always triumph over faith and religion any day. Does prayer cure the sick no does modern medicine and that would be yes.

i should probably tie this up, but there is some people in religion who wants to legitimately help you but, how does one be a republican and a christian last time i checked republicans really do not like helping others so a non helpful christian how very not christian. And in ending note its funny how hate groups can get away with hatred and other forms of it by using the bible as a justified means of hatred. Last time i checked you were supposed to be loving and kind and helpful oh well considering they can't do anything to dramatic like christian extremists do.

and in closing i do see religion being a minor issue with humanity because there is the people who want the world to burn and end. i do not want the world to burn and end everyone has a chance for life why wan't it to end it seems kind of selfish. Thinking oh and i think i might go jogging now.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: My views on religion
I know many "Christians" who are not fond of organized religion. I do my best to ignore the door to door types, but they're sometimes fun for a healthy debate.

Live and let live.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(December 20, 2014 at 6:01 pm)Spooky Wrote: I know many "Christians" who are not fond of organized religion. I do my best to ignore the door to door types, but they're sometimes fun for a healthy debate.

Live and let live.

Yep its just wow you got nothing to do on the weekend but pester people.
and ask them if they heard good word, there is a foot ball game about to come on and you guys want to do this right now.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Oh, I absolutely abhor organized religion. In my eyes, it's very clearly a socio-political mechanism to keep a select few in power while exploiting those who buy into the system. It's inherently nefarious - surrender yourself to god (and us, since we're his spokespeople) in this life, and you'll be rewarded in the next life. Don't ask questions. Dare not learn what we label taboo. Give us your hard earned labor and possessions. Go out and bring new people into the fold.

It's a pyramid scheme that trades fairy tales and doomsaying for real goods and services and power (why, hello built-in voting bloc). Snake oil salespeople of the absolute worst sort. Little fills me with more anger and pity than proselytizers.

I'm much more respectful and patient with people who are more generically spiritual and don't engage in church activities. They tend to take the idea of having a personal relationship with god to heart by keeping their views private most of the time. Which is cool with me. Believe in your nonsense, but don't try to get me to join along. It's not going to happen.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
I always offer the Mormons a beer. They always refuse. I tell them the cost of me listening to the "good news" is accepting my hospitality. The news is apparently not that good.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Religion isn't all bad. It is one of the primary driving forces behind modern science. Religion also gives people hope and moral support. The problem is that we keep forgetting that WE created religion, not the other way around.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(December 20, 2014 at 7:16 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Religion isn't all bad. It is one of the primary driving forces behind modern science. Religion also gives people hope and moral support. The problem is that we keep forgetting that WE created religion, not the other way around.

Yep it forces us to learn more about the world to close those god of the gaps. And even still god of the gaps is a bad thing because the more we learn the worse it is for people who believe in god. Evolution vs the idea of creationism is a gap that is closed. Earth being created by god closed. Original sin already closed from the start of the idea. ROFLOL
lets see.... is god still relevant because we know a lot about the earth and the plants and animals including how humans gotten to where we are now. No... not really its only good for the people who actually need it i guess they need hope we atheists put our hope into practical things or we don't have it at all.

Code:
To a self realized person religion is a pain in the butt, but to those who are ignorant, religion is their saviour which they cling to.
(December 21, 2014 at 3:41 am)psychoslice Wrote: To a self realized person religion is a pain in the butt, but to those who are ignorant, religion is their saviour which they cling to.

Yet push their beliefs onto other to "save" them. Religion is just a way to make tax free money off the hard working people who are just not that bright enough yet to see it. Though i digress there is some good churches out there who use the money to help those in need i like those churches.

Code:
(December 21, 2014 at 3:48 am)dyresand Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 3:41 am)psychoslice Wrote: To a self realized person religion is a pain in the butt, but to those who are ignorant, religion is their saviour which they cling to.

Yet push their beliefs onto other to "save" them. Religion is just a way to make tax free money off the hard working people who are just not that bright enough yet to see it. Though i digress there is some good churches out there who use the money to help those in need i like those churches.

You have no idea of what it means to be self realized, its beyond your thinking, its beyond your concept of being an atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My views on God and religion ShinyCrystals 72 4383 October 30, 2023 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Your personal views on the Afterlife Mystic Monkey 31 18781 May 12, 2023 at 10:36 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4234 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 3967 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  Views that are compatible w/ Atheism free_thinker_at_last 8 1528 August 11, 2016 at 3:27 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16562 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism
  Your Views on Dawkins? clemdog14 93 27484 January 29, 2013 at 3:53 am
Last Post: Zone
  Attacked in student paper for my atheistic views Candles 14 5542 March 15, 2012 at 11:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Interesting survey of Australians religious views Justtristo 20 7776 November 28, 2011 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Soul - your views on it? Diamond-Deist 100 23886 September 17, 2011 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: BloodyHeretic