Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you celebrate christmas???
Do you celebrate christmas???
The only reason I do is I love giving. Please respond.
RE: Do you celebrate christmas???
I do not celebrate any holiday.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
It's a beloved family tradition, and it's not so much about giving gifts as it is about spending some nice cozy days together with good food, a nice kindling and with a tree and lights (northern hemisphere here). As I've said in Deidres Churchgoing thread, the dark times around the solstice between christmas and new years give me a fuzzy feeling of connectedness with the cosmos, so personally I see it as a kind of solstice celebration even though officially it's christmas around here.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yes. I love seeing the family! It's weird how much I loathed the family time that came with Santa's gifts when I was younger, but now I look forward to seeing people and could care less about presents. I actually told people to quit buying me things a few years ago, and just double up on toys for my daughter if they want.

One of the things I love is cooking for everyone, and Thanksgiving and Christmas are great excuses to break out the chef knife and cutting board.
Family time as Alex said. That's what it's about. So yes, I'm celebrating christmas although I don't give a shit about the religious connotation.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Yep. It's a time that I am able to be together with all of my family, and that doesn't happen too often. And I love giving gifts to people, especially to my wife and to my little brother. None of the other members in my immediate family share my beliefs, but that part doesn't matter to me at all. The "reason for the season" is the supposed birth of Christ to them, which is fine by me. I'm just happy to be with everybody on that day.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
(December 21, 2014 at 5:53 pm)jem304eyer Wrote: The only reason I do is I love giving. Please respond.

Are you female and hot?
Some years yes. Some years no. I am indifferent to that particular holiday and always have been.
I do not for the religious holiday.

I celebrate to spend time with family and friends.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 21, 2014 at 6:10 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 5:53 pm)jem304eyer Wrote: The only reason I do is I love giving. Please respond.

Are you female and hot?

*groan*
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thank ALLAH that the pagan holiday of CHRISTMAS is over! 21stCenturyIconoclast 62 8427 December 30, 2016 at 1:13 am
Last Post: Joods
  JW Christmas card ignoramus 12 2676 December 23, 2015 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Skip church for Christmas Foxaèr 48 6435 December 9, 2014 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  Ex-Christian Secular Musicians Out There Playing Christmas Music? LivingNumbers6.626 34 6307 December 3, 2014 at 10:02 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Topless protesters celebrate the popes resignation in Paris dg-pilz-e 33 8597 March 7, 2013 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Christmas Christians Gooders1002 2 1067 December 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Should Jews Celebrate "You Know What"? thesummerqueen 43 7982 December 22, 2011 at 1:30 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko