Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JW Christmas card
JW Christmas card
The wife spoke to some JW on Monday (I was at work).
She told them sternly that she is not interested in anything to do with religion.

We get this (hand written) in our letterbox today.
Is this their new revised personal business strategy?

[Image: w7zjr.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: JW Christmas card
Interesting! I've not heard of anything like that before. That's a nice letter, however naive.

Apparently my friend told some JWs to "rethink their life". I'm not sure if he was successful.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I'm on my phone and the letter is too small to see. Anyone wanna type it out for the unfortunate souls like myself who want to read it but can't?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
They're 100% right that JW's are not known for violence. In fact they're so passive they refuse to vote in State elections. They also generally discourage/refuse employment in violent jobs including military service, and would prefer imprisonment over conscription.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
"it is our very firm belief that God, not man, will very soon take action to end all suffering"

I haven't delved all that deep into JWism, but that might be heresy to the JW poobahs in NYC.  If I'm not mistaken, they are supposed to believe God has already started doing that over 100 years ago.

So, we have Jehovah Witness heretics running amok.  How is this supposed to advance the cause of [chuckle, snort] true Jehovah Witness-ism-ness ??

Huh
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

JWs don't bother me too much. Though I find it odd that they sometimes refuse blood transfusions because the bible says not to eat raw meat or drink blood. I agree with that, but blood transfusion and drinking blood are two very different things.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

It's a pretty nice letter actually. Looks to be written by someone with a good character. Ign, if I were you I'd thank the JW for their kind letter and let them know you appreciate their efforts and their letter, but you aren't interested in their beliefs. Perhaps invite them here. It was a really nice letter actually, it'd be rude not to at least thank them for it!
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
I have read of an enlightened era in Jehovah Witnessism back in the 70s when oral sex for married JWs was permitted.

(IANMTU)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

JW Christmas card
(December 23, 2015 at 5:45 am)Judi Lynn Wrote: I'm on my phone and the letter is too small to see. Anyone wanna type it out for the unfortunate souls like myself who want to read it but can't?

Pinch and zoom.
[Image: 8ef1f2037ab427498d62ad8e1e17854d.jpg]
JW Christmas card
(December 23, 2015 at 6:03 am)Aractus Wrote: They're 100% right that JW's are not known for violence. In fact they're so passive they refuse to vote in State elections. They also generally discourage/refuse employment in violent jobs including military service, and would prefer imprisonment over conscription.

It's too bad that muslims don't share that set of values.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thank ALLAH that the pagan holiday of CHRISTMAS is over! 21stCenturyIconoclast 62 8323 December 30, 2016 at 1:13 am
Last Post: Joods
  Do you celebrate christmas??? jem304eyer 16 2539 December 22, 2014 at 3:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Skip church for Christmas Foxaèr 48 6401 December 9, 2014 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  Ex-Christian Secular Musicians Out There Playing Christmas Music? LivingNumbers6.626 34 6262 December 3, 2014 at 10:02 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christmas Christians Gooders1002 2 1046 December 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Fear Card xxxtobymac 91 22180 January 22, 2012 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor