Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religiously speaking does perception alter reality?
Religiously speaking does perception alter reality?
I believe Perception Can alter reality. I also believe there is more than one reality. Could we call it faith?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
RE: Religiously speaking does perception alter reality?
I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean. Do you have any evidence for these beliefs?

Perception altering reality... You are saying we have transformative powers that we can use to manipulate reality on some fundamental level?

There could be other realities but it's pure speculation at this point.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I believe there is more than on reality, both just as real as the other. They flow together and occasionally meeting.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
OK. Do you have any evidence for this?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
How you view the world will impact how the world reacts to you. I'll call it sociology, not supernatural. Each individual has their own reality. Yours is different than mine and so on.

I don't believe in "different dimensions" or any of the sci fi stuff.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Huh? Call what faith? Your belief in multiple realities? Well it depends on what you mean exactly. Subjectively, yes, there are multiple perceptions of reality, many probably vastly different. But however a human brain models the world, in contrast to say, a bat, the same world is still in both cases impressing its features on the senses.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(December 23, 2014 at 5:13 am)strawdawg Wrote: I believe Perception Can alter reality. I also believe there is more than one reality. Could we call it faith?

it would only work if people could "faith" things into existence.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 23, 2014 at 5:13 am)strawdawg Wrote: I believe Perception Can alter reality. I also believe there is more than one reality. Could we call it faith?

What's reality?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I've wondered about that idea too. There was a year when I had hallucinations, but I didn't understand about hallucinations, so I started wondering about that idea. That idea provided a way to reconcile the seeming reality of my experiences with the fact that others didn't seem to remember them - even if I remember them witnessing the experiences. It felt like I was shifting through alternative time lines.

I've been gradually gaining insight over the past 5 years, so that idea is no longer as compelling to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas Traditions and Biblical Contradictions with Reality Mystical 30 5187 December 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  How Do Christians Know When God Is Speaking to Them? Rhondazvous 70 9774 July 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Ken Ham petulantly stamps his feet at reality, internet replies, "this is stupid." Esquilax 92 21212 February 19, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  reason vs faith vs reality wandering soul 71 25202 August 6, 2013 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  Does this alter anyone’s thinking about the "Beast" of Revelation? swordwords 7 2380 April 25, 2013 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: ronedee
  Bristol University Christians ban women from speaking popeyespappy 9 5034 December 5, 2012 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Aegrus
  Faith more important than Reality? superstarr 19 7035 July 1, 2010 at 4:51 am
Last Post: superstarr